+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anxiety is ruling my life and love life.

Last night I had a massive anxiety attack because I just can't take it anymore. Everything is so overwhelming and I worry about everything, I try to control everything, I get nervous about everything and hate feeling the way I do every day! I wake up feeling anxious! My mind does not stop, I worry about work (I am self-employed) I worry about my son, I worry about what I have to do tomorrow and the next day. We are now selling our house, so that's on my mind, money is on my mind because things are tight. I love what I do for work but my confidence levels are starting to drop, I have highs and lows. One moment I think I can do it and I'm on top of the world and the next I think I should pack it in and go and find a job instead of working for myself. But one of major problems that I'm having is that my anxiety is affecting my relationship with DH. The problem is that I NEVER feel like dtd, it doesn't even cross my mind yet my DH asks and asks and brings up the topic and he is beyond understanding anymore. He's starting to get angry about it. It has caused many fights of late and I just don't know what to do. I have tried many things to try and get in the 'mood' but my libido is absolutely non existent. I love my DH very very much, however, my DH is beyond waiting. So many times I've said to him "once this is finished, I'll be more relaxed. Or, once my medication kicks in, it'll be ok'. Oh and I cannot pretend to want to dtd just to satisfy my husband, I find that very difficult.

I want my anxiety gone, I want to live a life without it and I want to fix my relationship. Has anyone else gone through this? What did you do?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Have you gone to see your GP about it? Do you think medication or a psychologist would be able to help you? Living with anxiety is tough and something not everyone can understand.
    Last edited by London; 22-03-2013 at 14:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I've seen my GP and am on medication, have been for some time. I've seen a psychologist in the past but she was absolutely no help, I found her giving me photocopied pages to read and not actually helping anything. I've tried natural therapies, massage, medication, etc etc and nothing seems to work. When I am tired it is worse and unfortunately I've run myself down a bit and don't eat as well as I should and I don't exercise (because I just don't have the time).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you drink coffee? I find coffee gives me anxiety. The real kicker is though, that when I stop drinking it I initially feel even worse (borderline panic attacks), which if I hadn't been through it before would be enough to make me think that coffee helped me. Which it definitely doesn't because once I'm 2 - 3 weeks into quitting I feel immensely better.

Not saying it's the only answer - of course it isn't! Just wondering if it would help.

Hugs to you sweetie, hang in there xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

avenew05  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do drink coffee, but only one a day. I might give tea a go instead!

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    One a day isn't a lot, but some of us (me!) are very sensitive to it's effects. Although you may find you need to go caffeine free to get the full benefit.

If you google, you'll find lots of info on the relationship between coffee and anxiety. I can't remember the exact details, but it's something to do with dopamine (one of our 'feel good' hormones) being lowered by caffeine consumption.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    OP, i can completely relate. Anxiety affects my life on a daily basis. I'm on medication and have tried seeing a psychologist which i also found no help.

I do agree with the PP about caffeine. It definitely exacerbates my anxiety.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe see a new psycholagist? The one i seen helped me with different stratergies to deal with the things that made me anxious at work and its helped me a lot.