+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When DS was a baby I took him to indoor swimming classes in a bikini top and boardies....BUT I always wear boardies so that is my normal swimming attire.

Just thinking though, maybe they also want to wear a rashie incase the child grabs wildly and pulls a boob out of a bikini top or something

2. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

Hah go figure....so there could actually be some safety rationale behind why this is done. May talk with the instructor next week.

I also noticed I'm the only one submersing myself in the water to shoulder level whilst other mums are standing totally upright - think this might be more to do with the urine in the water than safety though ah well... love a bit of baby pee chlorine on my body in the morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wear a tankini but do notice a lot of others in shorts and a rashie or tshirt.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear a t-shirt so that I don't get scratched by my son grabbing at me. My hubby will sometimes go in without his t-shirt and then complain afterwards that he has scratches or his chest hair got grabbed (he doesn't have much to grab!).

I have heard of a woman that always wore a bikini top without a t-shirt and one day her baby grabbed hold of the bikini for some reason and it came completely off and the whole class saw! How embarrassing!

I also wear shorts too, but that is a personal preference (means I don't have to worry if my bikini line isn't perfectly kept either).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wear a tankini with shorts.. But mostly because of the fat/cellulite/stretch marks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I wear my old maternity one piece (my youngest is 2). I don't care what people think. I can't afford to go swimmer shopping (well I could but have plenty of other things I would prefer to spend my money on).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

neza  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear shorts because I can't be bothered getting a bikini wax I wore a bikini top to DS's first swimming lesson until I realised that when he wanted something to grab I didn't really want it to be my bikini strap or worse yet the front of my bikini

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear a one piece that's fairly low cut at the front to make it easier if I need to feed DD while we are at the pool. I never even thought about her grabbing and possibly have a boob fall out haha. Most other mums where I go wear the same or a bikini. Almost none wear shorts! I think just wear what is comfortable

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way id be told what to wear at the pools/beach.
    Ive lost over 10 kgs and finally feel good about being in a bikini!! I will wear the crap out of that bugger too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was told to wear a rashie to swimming lessons as bub needs the material to grab on to. I wear bikini bottoms through, no shorts. At the beach and pool (outside of swimming lessons) it's a Brazilian cut bikini for me!