+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I just want to play!

So, 2 Sundays ago- I rolled my ankle during a soccer game warm up. Obviously I didn't get to play that day and since than have missed 1 out of 4 training sessions and got 1/4 game out of possible 2. I've been eager beaver to train and play although my coach has been somewhat hesitant- saying she's going to inspect my ankle, left foot kicking only etc etc
    We're supposed to play on Sunday and I'm usually on for one full game and sub for the other game. I REALLY want to play- I've even got that nervous excited anicipation feeling in my belly (I wonder if I'll get any sleep the night before from excitement)- keep your fingers crossed I get my normal game time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Come on Sunday! (and the message to tell me which games I'm playing- please be 2!)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I know how you feel

I bought a new bike about a month ago ... have really enjoyed riding it.

Then 2 weeks ago I hurt my ankle, and I havent been able to ride at all

so over it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oh that sucks!! Fx you can play 2. I Used to play div 2 bio beach volleyball 3 times a week (2-3 games per night) and hated when i couldnt play because of injury (which happened often because one guy on the team was a hog and always went for the ball even though it wasnt near him, he collided with me many times- once landing on me after a dive and completely winding and crushing me!!) ouch. he even made me bleed on several occasions!! I Dont play anymore but really want to get back into it!! Good luck for Sunday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KatiesMum View Post
    I know how you feel

I bought a new bike about a month ago ... have really enjoyed riding it.

Then 2 weeks ago I hurt my ankle, and I havent been able to ride at all

so over it
    Hope you get back on soon. It's surprised me how much it affected me not being able to play.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo View Post
    oh that sucks!! Fx you can play 2. I Used to play div 2 bio beach volleyball 3 times a week (2-3 games per night) and hated when i couldnt play because of injury (which happened often because one guy on the team was a hog and always went for the ball even though it wasnt near him, he collided with me many times- once landing on me after a dive and completely winding and crushing me!!) ouch. he even made me bleed on several occasions!! I Dont play anymore but really want to get back into it!! Good luck for Sunday
    Ouch! Ah, ball hogs and players that think they are the bees knees. We have a few in the team- surprisingly (or not) it's the younger players- the 16yr and 17yr olds that think this.

So- I got to play! I didn't get on bench for the 2nd game which when I got the msg (Friday night), I was so ****ed off and upset, but all good in the end. I feel FANTASTIC having played a whole game. My ankle feels BETTER! I think it was relieved to have some game time as well. There were a few times during the game when my ankle hurt but the coach now knows I'm not complaining because I'm not coming off. Atm- it's working. I hope I can get back to being on bench for first grade game as well.
    Last edited by SimplyMum; 25-03-2013 at 06:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gah, been told no training for me this week. Did 20 laps of the soccer feild down the road while DS did his homework yesterday afternoon. Felt good to expend some energy- my foot was hurting a little afterwards. I tried strapping it but I don't think I did a great job, and so support wasn't what it could have been. I already feel like I need to go for another run though- my legs feel ancy. Going to miss training tonight, but I will be going down to watch and what do you know- I might just wear my training gear, just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am up for playing the first game but not on bench for the 2nd. I have a lot of work to do to get back to that I think. Looking to work overtime at the game.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news! I'm back on bench for 1sts. Very happy happy! And, today I'm going to physio. Better late than never.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    hope the physio does something for you. Its great that you have been able to keep playing ... but you need to be careful that you dont do more damage.

I have been riding a little bit ... but still hurts

Going to see orthopedic surgeon monday - and I am not really expecting good news

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been riding a little bit ... but still hurts

Going to see orthopedic surgeon monday - and I am not really expecting good news
    Hope the appt goes well- at the very least, minimal damage and a quick fix. I'll be watching this space for the update.

hope the physio does something for you. Its great that you have been able to keep playing ... but you need to be careful that you dont do more damage.
    No-one told me the physio would hurt like a mofo! The damage is visible- I can see that now. I can roll my ankle about 20% of the normal range. He gave me a clearance so I played and I played reasonably well, with very little pain, but this morning it hurt.
    Going back to the physio on Wednesday and also have a catch up game on Wednesday night so will rest tonight, train tomorrow, play Wednesday.