+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    *looks at DP in the awkward silence*
    Great, thats 2 people that have (ahem) poo-pooed our name!
    Well, you could go for a variation - Rectum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I think I'm just going to stick with the name. Its not like ppl stop evaluating names even when they are attached to a child anyway. I still get comments on my name (candice) and i'm 33 years old! I stuffed up but I guess its a lesson for me to not share every single detail!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree stick with the name.

We have a 3 year old with a big mouth so she has told a few people and they haven't thought its the real name and said they didn't like it ruuude!! We don't care. We love it!

We are actually one of "those" parents because we stole someone else's name a lady DH works with named her son our fav name a year ago and another lady named her son our second choice.

When I got pregnant the ladies were asking DH about names and he said we are really struggling and told them why. They both thought it was hilarious and told DH to use either name if we wanted and they wouldn't care at all.

I didn't need telling twice, I was given green light to use our fav name again!! We don't have anything to do with her outside of work anyway!!
    Last edited by waterlily; 22-03-2013 at 04:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I told my parents/in laws before our son was born and they laughed at our names - did not think we were serious, despite us saying a couple of times we were... (Our names not uncommon, it could just be considered a little rhymey - but it was a name I'd had my heart set on for years, it was just my partners surname that buggered it up slightly lol...) We stuck with it and 2.5 years down the track I still absolutely adore the name, and it suits our son perfectly. Stick to yours guns, I think you will regret it if you don't
    Last edited by Juzz; 22-03-2013 at 05:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree, stick to your guns Afterll, we don't name our babies to please other people! Stuff 'em!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had names picked before we conceived Most people were quite happy to tell us they didn't like them but we stuck with the name we loved for our boy and I'm glad we did. Go for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted our names to be a surprise but I told Mum a list of boys names we like and she picked the one we like and put it with hubbys middle name and said what about this... I told her that was exactly what were considering, but we are not sure and keeping it all quiet. But she keeps messaging me asking how the baby is using that name!! I'm so angry! I keep saying "we haven't decided a name yet but he is good" trying to hint it, but she keeps calling it the name I want to call bub, I wish she would stop I have learnt to stay quiet too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndieBelle View Post
    I wanted our names to be a surprise but I told Mum a list of boys names we like and she picked the one we like and put it with hubbys middle name and said what about this... I told her that was exactly what were considering, but we are not sure and keeping it all quiet. But she keeps messaging me asking how the baby is using that name!! I'm so angry! I keep saying "we haven't decided a name yet but he is good" trying to hint it, but she keeps calling it the name I want to call bub, I wish she would stop I have learnt to stay quiet too!!
    This happened to me too, I was sooo mad at my mum I nearly changed the name but hubby wouldn't let me. Not telling her anything this time!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nobody liked my choice (and by that, I mean the name I wanted to use, not what she is now named). I told people, they hated it, they made fun of it... but meh. Think about what these people name their own kids, their pets. Are they names you'd scoff at? If yes, then who cares what they think anyway because their tastes are clearly very different to your own.

I often think that way... "Pfft... as if I'd listen to you when you named your kid Greg," or something. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    HEY!
    My brother's name is Greg!!!!

It's OK
    He hates the name, he was named after his father (not mine)