+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Kicking myself for blabbing

Sorry this is a general rant - learn from my mistakes ppl! I just blabbed out my baby name that I love at work even tho I swore to myself that I wouldn't.

Now ppl are suggesting other names and saying it all the time with the surname. Why am I so freaking dumb! Now that its out there I feel like I should find something else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We had chosen our ds's names early in our pregnancy but refered to them as baby L and baby C at the time because we didn't want a friend using the names we had chosen. I would have been so annoyed!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh no OP! If you love it, stick to your guns and just say "meh, we like it so we're sticking with it". We were telling friends of ours that we have chosen an old, boring name and he said "as long as its not *name*" ...DP and I just looked at each other and the friend goes "oh God, it is that isnt it? Im sorry!" We dont care, we are sticking with it. We chose it at 6 weeks so its stuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just tell them straight out...no we have chosen the name and we love it
    I work with an indian lady and they don't name their baby until days after the birth yet everyone at work had their input of aussie names that she had no intention of using...she just smiled and shrugged it off. Your baby, your choice and no matter what name you choose they will (eventually) accept it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh no!
    I sat on my DS2's name for over EIGHT YEARS!
    It was a name I had only heard once and LOVED it.
    My DS1 was named after his father, a running family tradition but I had first dibs on DS2.
    When I told DH of my choice he scrunched up his nose, but then I told him the history of it and he loves it now.
    BUT, we still told no one until DS2 was born.
    People seem to think they can comment or worse, steal a baby's name if that baby isn't born yet.
    So, to heck with them OP.
    Naming your child is a deeply personal thing.
    If you still love it, then still use it but maybe find another way to deal with the office idiots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did the same thing (and got the same response as you). It influenced me to name my son something completely different and they still don't like the name we've chosen!! You can't please all the people all the time.

I just think it's a pity so few of us have got such good taste . I hope you stick to your guns, but if you don't I'm sure you'll choose something equally as awesome.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's not a mistake you make twice is it.

I agree with the others - stick to your guns and make no apologies...unless the name is Anus.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    unless the name is Anus.
    *looks at DP in the awkward silence*
    Great, thats 2 people that have (ahem) poo-pooed our name!

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (22-03-2013),babycart  (22-03-2013),BlissedOut  (22-03-2013),CazHazKidz  (26-03-2013),Eko  (22-03-2013),Guest654  (22-03-2013),Mokeybear  (21-03-2013),mrskc  (08-04-2013),waitinghoping  (05-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the same thing, and am still sorry to this day I didn't use the name i loved.. I still really like DD name but I look at her & still see the other name.. Stick to you guns.. Your baby your choice!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Stick with the name you've chosen. And if you're feeling particularly irritated, reply with something like 'the one name we could never inflict on a poor child is...' and give the name of their child!