+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Quitting smoking

I am just wondering how many months I should be smoke free for before TTC. I spoke to a doctor and he didn't exactly give me the best answer. He didn't give me an actual answer he also said if i cut down and am just having 2 a day when i conceive that would help me give up cigarettes full stop. But I do not want to do that. So yeah, I have heard 6 months, 9 months and a year. Also is there any websites with this kind of information because I have searched and unfortunately I am unable to locate anything.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Just guessing...but i would say as many months as possible before ttc. Especially if quiting will be hard for you.

Are you planning on quiting completely or starting again later?

TTC can take longer than you expect so if you are only quiting temporarily then i imagine it will be very hard. I guess the longer your body has to get rid of the toxins and get healthier, the better.

Hopefully someone with maybe some experience (ie. Someone who quit before ttc) will be able to help you more!

Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

cookiebear89  (21-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Probably quitting for good, and I respond ok to Champix I went from smoking around 30 smokes a day to 5 smokes a day in about a week. Just waiting until June when I can get the Champix script again (you can only get them once a year)