+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default complete and utter newbie ( dunno where to start or what to start)

Hi everyone..

I'm new to bubhub as well as the whole preggerz thing.. so i jsut found out that i'm pregnant! (yay for me) i had given up on it. apparently i am 5 weeks already! so.. where do i go from here? i'm new to australia as well.. what do i do next? call the insurance people? who else should i call? what should i do? i dont even have a obgyn.. omg.. i am freaking out! i dont have many girl friends yet over here and i am told u keep the news to urself till the first trimester ends? help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    First thing. Take yourself off to the gp and go from there. Congratulations and welcome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    First thing. Take yourself off to the gp and go from there. Congratulations and welcome.
    Exactly, your doctor will get the ball rolling.

A lot of people keep the news to themselves during the first trimester as after that generally you know the pregnancy is fine.

Congratulations and best wishes

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (21-03-2013),αληθη  (22-03-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations and welcome

As PP's already said, get yourself off to your GP and take it from there. As for health insurance, if you don't already have any, no point getting it now. Most of them have a 12 month waiting period so it's pointless to get it as bubs will be here in 9

Without private health insurance an ob/gyn can be pretty expensive so your best bet may be to go with your GP and do shared care with the midwives at the hospital you choose. If you have the money to spare then an ob could be for you so ring around and try to get onto it asap as for example, my ob doesn't take anyone after 8 weeks usually as he's very busy.

As for keeping it a secret that is entirely up to you. My DH and I had been TTC for so long that we wanted to tell the world when we found out but we only told family and friends were told at the 12 week mark.

Hope this helps .. good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations and welcome to Aus

Doctors for sure, they will run you through the first steps and get hospital booking ball rolling etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Do you have medicare or will you be relying on private health to cover your medical expenses?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!! First off, if you have private health instance I'd be looking into booking into an OB in your area for a dating scan (around 9 weeks but book now!) and also make an appointment with your GP for bloods, a referral, etc. If not, just make an appointment with your GP and they'll help you from there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone... i did see my GP and he tells me i should do these blood tests and a scan n proceed from there. i do have pvt medical.. so i hope it gets easier? i have to meet the gp with the bloods to ask him what i do next. a bit overwhelmed still.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you planning on going to a private or public hospy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    private i think, i have heard of some horror stories about the public hospital in my area, even though i have insurance i don't think its going to come cheap, but i want to be safe than sorry. OMG! its all happening!