+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Haha I'll join the exodus!

Good on JG to put an end to his nonsense. Not a fan of SC. And too bad this issue took the attention away from the important and much needed forced adoption apology.
    And the NDIS which was passed in parliament!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Acorn  (23-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Well I decided today this little black duck is voting greens! They have become so much more than just a party for 'hippies', and are very a much grass roots labor, and where labor is drifting from.
    My sister works for a greens senator .. Spends a lot of time working her butt off in Canberra .. The horror stories of abbot make me ill .. He really is an arrogant man ! Greens work so hard and get no real support .. I will always vote for them ..
    Last edited by Maybelline; 22-03-2013 at 06:54.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not sure I like the idea of the coalition to be honest, they would never get the numbers if they all hadn't joined up together.

And Pegasus, people not knowing their greens votes would go to labour as preferences, were they living under a rock? Exactly why there needs to be some kind of course on politics/voting etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    I think you might be surprised

If that was the case - the coalition would be in power now and not Labor
    Last edited by beebs; 22-03-2013 at 07:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    I don't think the reason that Labor has no hope this election is due to the Greens backing away. I think it's to do with how their governing has panned out over this term. The way their governing has panned out is the whole reason the Greens have backed away from lending them their support.
    Oh I agree, they would have lost even with greens. But I'm looking to the future and worrying that labor will never be able to claw back the seats bc libs have the coalition and labor don't have one.

Having said that, Greens are becoming a force to be reckoned with. I think unhappy labor voters who feel they have lost their way and lost their grass roots beliefs for low and middle income are voting greens - and that will be me this year.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Not sure I like the idea of the coalition to be honest, they would never get the numbers if they all hadn't joined up together.

And Pegasus, people not knowing their greens votes would go to labour as preferences, were they living under a rock? Exactly why there needs to be some kind of course on politics/voting etc.
    But that's just not true! As Pegasus pointed out, many safe National seats don't even have a Liberal representative, because people know when they vote National they vote Coalition.

And I'm puzzled by something I see on here a lot... Greens votes going to Labor? Greens votes don't go anywhere but to the Greens. The preferences YOU give on your ballot form go where you want them to. If you vote Greens then Liberal your preferences can't magically go to Labor, no matter what the Greens would like.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Isn't that only if you fill out your preferences, if you choose to just put the 1 at the top of the box, then the preferences goes to whoever the party that you voted for decides.

I usually vote down the bottom, but at the last election, I knew that my preferences would go to labor, so I just did 1 for the greens.

Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    But that's just not true! As Pegasus pointed out, many safe National seats don't even have a Liberal representative, because people know when they vote National they vote Coalition.

And I'm puzzled by something I see on here a lot... Greens votes going to Labor? Greens votes don't go anywhere but to the Greens. The preferences YOU give on your ballot form go where you want them to. If you vote Greens then Liberal your preferences can't magically go to Labor, no matter what the Greens would like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yep, you can choose your own preferences. Or you can just vote "1" and nothing else, but if you wanna do that, then you don't complain about preferences!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I didn't complain. I only do one if the preferences are going to who I would have chosen to preference myself.

When I do choose below the line, it takes me AGES to choose who will come very last place, everything up to that part is easy. But who will come last? Christian democrats, libs or shooters. Tough decision! haha

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Yep, you can choose your own preferences. Or you can just vote "1" and nothing else, but if you wanna do that, then you don't complain about preferences!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Isn't that only if you fill out your preferences, if you choose to just put the 1 at the top of the box, then the preferences goes to whoever the party that you voted for decides.
    Oh I see what you meant. No objection then!

But I do think many people on BH are genuinely confused by this. If I had the energy I'd start a spin-off thread...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't complain. I only do one if the preferences are going to who I would have chosen to preference myself.

When I do choose below the line, it takes me AGES to choose who will come very last place, everything up to that part is easy. But who will come last? Christian democrats, libs or shooters. Tough decision! haha
    The large ballot paper where you mark either 1 above the line or every box below the line is for the Senate.

You must number every box for the House of Reprensentative in the Federal election.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Euphrosyne For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-03-2013),BH-KatiesMum  (22-03-2013),CatesBean  (22-03-2013)