+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rudd would be an idiot to go for the leadership before this election coz labor as an entirety will lose and lose badly. He knows he has no chance so he didn't bother to try.

He'll wait till after the election to make his move.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It isn't because of her, it is because of the media witch hunt. It is so obvious that the media is putting a bad spin on everything she does. It is just like the George w vs John Kerry election.

It is just so clear, can't understand why more people don't see it. Aussies have really short memories as far as politics goes, Rudd was so unpopular when he was toppled. Personally I think Rudd did a good job, I think Julia has too, although she has never stood a chance. At the end of the day, most Australians vote like they are voting in a popularity contest. How depressing.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (21-03-2013),Tainted  (21-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    Rudd would be an idiot to go for the leadership before this election coz labor as an entirety will lose and lose badly. He knows he has no chance so he didn't bother to try.

He is way too smart to take over the leadership after an election rout like they are facing. He'll just melt into the background and hope for a diplomatic posting or some such.

Only someone suicidal or whose parliamentary career was already drawing to a close would take on the leadership after September.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post

Yep I said that to DH... a minority govt in huge trouble only 6 months from an election? nope he'll wait until she loses and then take over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Completely agree with every word bar the last sentence lol staunch labor voter here and hell will freeze over before I vote Lib...

She is being selfish and putting her own ego ahead of what is best for the party.
    I'm going by watching TV interviews with random public and people I know. I personally have always voted labour but am considering liberal if it were not for Abbott.

Quote Originally Posted by MeetTheBluths View Post
    So you see it as a personal fail on her part. Not a party fail? Why so?

PS just asking, not having a go!
    I see it a both. She needs to do what is best for the party if they want any chance at reelection. The general consensus of the public is they really don't like her and don't have confidence in her.

the party needs to grow some and stop trying to save their own individual skins and work as a team.

I think Simon crean did the right thing by saying enough is enough. I think (not entirely sure yet) Rudd did the right thing.

As I said before though, get rid of the lot, Abbott, Gilliard and Rudd.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Haha who is going to want to go out on a limb and 'draft' Kevin after he left them hanging like that?

Shorten will be rubbing his hands together with glee.
    Oh I didn't mean Kevin... anyone will sate my thirst for drama! Surely they're not actually going to send her to the election?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Oh I didn't mean Kevin... anyone will sate my thirst for drama! Surely they're not actually going to send her to the election?
    Oh well in that case, I concur wholeheartedly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Surely they're not actually going to send her to the election?
    I know TA will be PM in 6 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Yep I said that to DH... a minority govt in huge trouble only 6 months from an election? nope he'll wait until she loses and then take over.
    Who in their right mind would want to be leading the party after they lose the election? The blood-letting will be mind-boggling.

Whoever takes over after the election won't be the leader at the 2016 election.

If he still wants to be PM he will wait until much closer to 2016. And given the way the ALP turns on itself after election losses I'd say he will be waiting until 2019.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    It isn't because of her, it is because of the media witch hunt. It is so obvious that the media is putting a bad spin on everything she does. It is just like the George w vs John Kerry election.

It is just so clear, can't understand why more people don't see it. Aussies have really short memories as far as politics goes, Rudd was so unpopular when he was toppled. Personally I think Rudd did a good job, I think Julia has too, although she has never stood a chance. At the end of the day, most Australians vote like they are voting in a popularity contest. How depressing.
    Agree 100% - Aussies are embarrassing and so impressionable it is astounding.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-03-2013),Tainted  (21-03-2013)