+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help with choosing private OB Sutherland/St George/Hurstville area

Hi guys,

I have just gotten my positive pregnancy result! This is my second time round after having a pretty awful experience with DD1. This was because of a terrible OB so I am keen to be much more informed before deciding on an OB this time around.

Last time I went to Kareena Private. Although my birth was awful I found the midwives amazing and my time on the ward was great.

Can anyone make any recommendations for OBs for either Kareena, St George Private or Hurstville private. I have heard good things about Ian Simpson but otherwise I have no idea where to start.

Please PM me!!

Thanks!

:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just sent you a pm

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Mandapanda83  (21-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Pm didn't work! But Dr Opperman at Hurstville Private is amazing - all my friends use him and I have been recommending him and the hospital to everyone , I had a high risk pregnancy , his mid wives, staff , secretaries were all so wonderful and I loved Hurstville private and all the nurses/mid wives there were brilliant !
    See if you can pm me as I couldn't get my message sent to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've heard excellent things about Queenie Wong at St George.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your responses so far, I will go and visit both Hurstville and St george on the weekend then make some appointments!

Any more recommendations would be great!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I've heard excellent things about Queenie Wong at St George.
    I had Queenie, she was great, but VERY expensive, to the point where I'd think twice about going again. But I can't fault her, she is lovely and she doesnt try to force intervention if the mum doesn't want it, and if it's not an emergency.

Margaret Booth was my 1st choice but she was on holidays when I was due. Her offices are in penshurst and she works at both Hurstville & St George private.

I didn't like St George private tbh. I hated my midwife, she was an idiot. There also didn't seem to be a specific breastfeeding nurse, rather just the ward midwives helping (whereas the BF nurse at st George public is wonderful).

I have heard the post natal care at Hurstville private is great although the hospital isn't as new at St George private.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Pm didn't work! But Dr Opperman at Hurstville Private is amazing - all my friends use him and I have been recommending him and the hospital to everyone , I had a high risk pregnancy , his mid wives, staff , secretaries were all so wonderful and I loved Hurstville private and all the nurses/mid wives there were brilliant !
    See if you can pm me as I couldn't get my message sent to you!
    May I ask how much his management fee was

Thanks
    Reviews
    From memory about $4500 but that was 3 years ago, my health insurance covered the hospital (had to pay excess which was $500)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr Karen Harris at St. George private hospital is amazing! I recommend her to everyone. She really goes out of her way to make sure you have the birth you want. She was open to me having a doula present, she made sure I had a room with a tub for labour, she was open to having me birth my son on a bean bag. She even went out of her way to make sure I had midwives I clicked with. Midwives who were all for natural births. She's fantastic.
    I'm now pregnant with #2 & I'm seeing Karen as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She made sure that the midwives were women I'd click with. She made sure they were laid back and had a sense of humour. She's incredible.