+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have heard many babies sleeping only 20 minutes at such young age. That is one sleep cycle. Do you have swing? It's not ideal to associate sleeping with swing/motion but if he falls asleep (wherever you placed him) and wakes after 20 mins, can you then pop him into swing to see if he continues to sleep? I know you dont believe at such early age habits can develop and as long as he gets some decent sleep, it is the most important right now.

With my bub before I taught him how to self settle (something which is still ongoing) from 3 months, he would sometimes sleep one cycle (20-40 mins) in his cot then cry. I always had be around to prepare for his crying and to give him a bottle to resettle him and then pop him on the swing and he could go on to sleep for a much longer time. So it was cot-bottle-swing. It didnt always work but at least it did sometimes.

After which I got sick of always being on my toes (waiting at his cot for him to stir and not being able to do much in the house) so I taught him to self settle.

Maybe you have tried this but have you put him in a stroller cover a snooze cover/large cloth and wheel him around?
    Last edited by Mom2TwoDSs; 21-03-2013 at 14:19.

Similar Threads

1. Photo blocks
    By march2013 in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2013, 20:41
  2. Week 1 - Day 2 Let me ZUMBA while the baby sleeps
    By giggle berry in forum giggle berry
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-10-2012, 07:21
  3. My 9 week old only sleeps in 40 min cycles during the day.
    By ncorfield in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-06-2012, 22:51