+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by flicker View Post
    Hey twoalready, I can't sleep with mine on because they are uncomfortable and they give an awful feedback noise when I lie on them. Plus they are an aid not miracle hearing as you still rely on lips and visual cues.
    Yeah, it is the same for me. The problem with hearing aids is that when you put pressure (just lying your head on one side, they start beeping and it is really annoying)

But thanks a lot for trying to help out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everybody for the help, it gives piece of mind to find people around that have any type of handicap and find the way to work around thru it.

Wannawannabe, I made my research before and tried to find threads about this, here in Australia, and also in USA websites, but couldn't find any clue. That's why I registered and open my own thread . Also, I feel a bit worried towards cosleeping, mostly because i have a deep sleep and would be really anxious to harm my baby. We will be having bubba in the same room and sleep together in the first weeks but, it also depends on him growing up.

Crazyfiasco and Flicker, saw your monitors, geez they don't make it economic for us eh...! Thanks a lot for sharing your piece of mind. It is a hard work to actually have to use all your senses to communicate with everybody, but having a tiny wee person on your side makes it even harder right? I am glad your son found away to communicate efectively with you, and at 2 years old!! That's amazing!
    Would you mind if I contact you from time to time for advice please? That could be really appreciated!

Looking forward to hangout around here! Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Crazy prices hey! When I found I woke to the light of a normal one I was pretty happy not to have to spend the money!

Totally love to chat to you anytime.
    let me just say you have lived since you were 5 with an impairment, finding your way around obstacles, so you will find a way to navigate around any hurdles in mummy hood too.
    My 5 year old from a young age was like an extra pair of ears for me. He is probably louder than most kids as he naturally has learnt how to talk to me. Uses clear voice and good eye contact. Not a bad skill for him to be forced to develop. We also have used auslan signs from very early on so that he could communicate with me in situations where I can't hear. Very handy extra that he signed some things at 1 years old before he could talk. It was also amazing to sit in the audiologist watching them in their hearing tests pressing the button confidently when I heard nothing. Anyway I'm rambling. All I meant to say is, your impairment won't hurt your kids x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to flicker For This Useful Post:

Pazuela  (21-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Flicker!

That's a great thing to know! I guess I've been a fighter for most of my life, at this stage. Got my nerves dead due to 1977 Measles, complicated in the ear nerves, and it took my parents a wee while to find out that I was deaf. Then, you know the drill, doctors, tests, misunderstanding at school until I got my first hearing aids when I was around 9 years old.

And because of all the "pre-historical" hearing aids, never got used to them at all so, always fighting against them until now. Also, I have to deal with English as a second spoken language. I am Spanish and married to a Kiwi and I have been living in Australia for almost 4 years.

Gotta say that I've been a living contradiction all my life, right to a point to whoever came saying "Nah, you can't do that"... my response has been always "0h really, there you go... it's done!" ROFL, but at times doubts can be quite daunting!

I really do hope bubba is going to thrive and be my extra pairs of ears too. And pray for him not to have any hearing problem when he is born. At least I will know how to react and teach him get the skills to be independent when he needs it!

Hope you have a great night!

Paz