+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    Hi ,

Do you mean nap times or just bed time? So you set the nap times every day to be at the same time? What if bub sleeps doesnt sleep as long as you want him to?

For example if a 5 month old sleeps at 11am (your set time) and wakes at 12pm instead of 1pm, and the next set time is 3pm, don't you need to change the next nap to earlier say 2pm so there is 2 hours gap? I find it so hard to s
    et times. i just make sure he has a 2 hour gap between each nap.
    yep I mean the same time going to bed during daytime. If they wake earlier than expected so be it. If bubs is tired earlier he/she will let you know so put bub down in that case otherwise I tried to just stick with the same time as much as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    yep I mean the same time going to bed during daytime. If they wake earlier than expected so be it. If bubs is tired earlier he/she will let you know so put bub down in that case otherwise I tried to just stick with the same time as much as possible.
    if you would like the sleep guide to read I'm happy to email it to you, just pm me. Even if you decide not to follow it it is quite in depth, will give you tips and info you will find useful I am sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    if you would like the sleep guide to read I'm happy to email it to you, just pm me. Even if you decide not to follow it it is quite in depth, will give you tips and info you will find useful I am sure
    Can u please pm it to me, interested in having a look if u don't mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, sorry to crash but I've been reading along as I'm quite interested in hearing people's different approaches. I have a 3 week old son and am keen to get sleep associations, etc in place as early as possible.
    Kimberlygal1 would it be possible for me to get a copy too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Both of mine learnt themselves without too much ado. When they had the occassional drama I would see them replicating some of my soothing techniques like rubbing their head or stroking their cheek.
    I don't believe that the majority of babies need to be taught, most were able to do it quite easily in the womb and it is just a matter of becoming accustomed to their new surroundings and being allowed to develop in their own time, instead of a preconceived time frame being placed on them.
    I 100% agree with this. I did the silly rock, rock, rock, pat, pat, pat to sleep with DS1 until he was 10 months old. I felt like a crazy looney. I was determined not to do this with our second baby.

Not long before he was born one of my sisters (wonderful mother of 5) said something to me that just made SO much sense. She said 'babies are born self settling'. And when I thought about it, I realised she was right. As a newborn, most babies will happily self settle and it's just a matter of continuing this.

I know some babies will have reflux/ colic/ health probs. and it's just not that easy. But for my DS2 it was such a different experience armed with this information.

We would always comfort and cuddle him if he was having trouble settling but it wasn't at all often that happened.

He has been an awesome sleeper since birth and now at nearly 2 years he still is. I waited until DS1 was 9 months old and I was losing my mind before 'teaching' him to self settle and would never do that again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pm me an email address and I can email it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pm me an email address and I can email it.
    Have pm'd u my email address. Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with KG about sleep times and nap times. Consistency is important.

But I feed to sleep and then cuddle to sleep. I do not encourage my children to go to sleep by themselves till 2-3yrs old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD (10 months) self settles for naps and has never been taught. She's stopped self settling at night though so we rock or feed her to sleep. She goes through stages