+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DP suggested a name at 6weeks and I agreed to put it on the maybe list. I dont LOVE it but here I am 27 weeks later and the name has grown on me. I still think its extremely bland and boring and traditional and ho-hum but whenever I think of my little girl I think of this name now...its definitely become 'her name'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't read all replies sorry

DD is 10 weeks old. I don't adore her name. I love love DS' name but couldn't find anything equally awesome for DD. I really liked Emi but DH hates it. We agreed on her name and I thought it might grow on me more but it hasn't. I like it of course, but not like DS' name where I go "that's such an awesome perfect name".

I've heard this is pretty common for second babies.

Hope you find something you're happy with DB. All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I only agreed to DS's name after having to let OH use it so I could use a long standing family middle name. I didn't hate it, but I certainly didn't love it. When he was born, it just sounded weird to me but it certainly suited him and I grew to love it. Then with this pregnancy, I started freaking out about finding a name I would love just as much. I really think they make the name their own, no matter what you call them.

This time, I think we have both put less deliberation into name hunting and have picked names that just feel right and we amazingly agreed very early on. We have a very short shortlist for each sex, will be interesting once we find out what sex we are having if we can pick just one.

Our boys name was second on the list for DS, our girls name was never on the cards.
    Last edited by Onion; 24-03-2013 at 16:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again for the replies everyone - it's a more common problem than what I thought! I think I am going to give name hunting a break, hopefully something will jump out at me when bub is born

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I just wanted DS2 named so gave in and regretted it for two years. For the first few weeks I slipped up a few times and called him what I wanted on accident. It was a name on my list I had given DH to choose from but it was prob my least favourite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    We will have this issue if we ever have a boy. DP has a name he wants and doesn't give a rats what I think. It's his fathers name so fair enough to honour that but it's also the same name of a couple of ex's of mine and also the name of a person who assaulted me when I was 17 (all unrelated people I will add! They just all have the same name).

So I do NOT want that name but I can't convince DP to use it as a middle name.

I don't know if it would ever grow on me.

Sent from my Unicorn.
    That's positively awful and very disrespectful of your DP. Particularly the fact your attacker had that name - how can he think that wouldn't remind you of the incident constantly? I really hope you are strong enough to decline

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Pilbara  (25-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt like I settled when Jacob was born, I really wanted Nathan and his dad vetoed that. After about a month I couldn't have imagined him as anything other than Jacob though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes my first sons name. Dp chose 2 different names ..I had no others in mind and at first I disliked one and hated the other. The one I disliked started to grow on me so we went with that and as soon as he was born it was just him and I couldn't think of another name for him. The funny thing is is that the one I hated grew on me so I ended up choosing that for ds2 because I couldn't picture him as anything else. Now I love both names and I'm so happy we chose the names we did.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks FBS and Pesca! The incident doesn't upset me anymore, as it was 11 years ago now I think of it. But yeah I would rather not use the name. When the time comes, I'll keep my fingers crossed I win Dp is a good guy, it's just really important to him because of the tradition. I just wish he would see my side. We will see when the time comes.

Sent from my Unicorn.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (25-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, I have just given DS2 a middle name I regret 100%. I'll never warm to it either, I don't willingly disclose it unless someone asks.

Despite me stating I didn't want it and a whole thread on BH of very supportive hubbers backing my decision....I caved to exDH and named DS2 after him. I just didn't want to hurt him and my hormones took over. I think I was also somehow hoping DH would come back after DS2 was born, that this would help their bond. With hindsight, very stupid.

The day I came home from hospital is the day exDH decided to announce (via facebook) he was in a relationship and had been all along. I was, and am, gob smacked to say the least.

I learnt a lesson in a very hard way, i remained too loyal when everyone else told me to open my eyes. Now I have to live with regret forever over something as important as my sons name. I hate that he is named after a father who left before he was born and had an affair on his mother while pregnant. NOT the type of man I want my sons to emulate when older.

It's still very raw for me, so I'm truly hoping I will feel differently in 12mths time. For that to happen, exDH needs to man up and start being a dedicated father. Fingers crossed.....