+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    My DH didn't like any of my favourite names, so we ended up naming our son the name we both liked the best. I think it suits him, but I do still look at him sometimes and think I still need to learn to love it. I mean, I love it because it's him, iykwim, but it was never the name I would have imagined using...

It was important to me though to find a name that we both liked 'enough' rather than one of us having our choice and the other of us disliking it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post
    I'm possibly going to have this problem with our bub. We are having a boy, and although I like the name we will most likely use, its not really what I thought I would name my child. I wanted something really original, it has always been my intention to give my child a name that they would probably not have to share with anyone else.
    But so far, the only name we both like and agree on is around number 40 in the top 100 and although I do like it, I don't like that it's fairly common and I really wish I could come up with something better, but I'm just so stuck for ideas...
    This was me, only the one we chose I've just found out is number 2 DP loved it and was 100% set on it. As I chose DS1's name I felt like I should let him have more say this time.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We really struggled with DS's name. When I was about 20 weeks DH suggested a name and my first response was 'I don't hate it!' I grew to love it - I loved it by the time he was born, and I love it more and more every day.

Now we are struggling with names again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im going to have this issue when I have baby #2. Ttc at the moment. I will be forced to let mil pick the baby name as it is traditional in dh's family. I named ds and stole the right as far as mil is concerned. I have 2 choices suck it up and let it happen or walk out on dh.

Can anyone tell I married a mommy's boy??!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were sure we saw a doodle on the ultrasound so I wasn't worried about girls names. By the time I got out of the c-section there was a name card on her crib - the name of the Irish nuns I had at school who used to squeeze your wrist as they 'walked' you down the corridors! Holy crap.

it took me days before I could respond when people asked 'so what did you call her' ... Pause ... Um. Pause ...smile... Bridget!

Now she suits the name to a T and pays homage to her predecessor with the exact same name who died on the day she was born at age 100 xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH is 100% set on the name for our bub due in June... I don't hate it but I don't love it... it's a really common name so I know at least 3 other boys with the same name :/ but DH is set & wont budge on it. I've convinced myself I can call him by his nickname most of the time instead lol

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We will have this issue if we ever have a boy. DP has a name he wants and doesn't give a rats what I think. It's his fathers name so fair enough to honour that but it's also the same name of a couple of ex's of mine and also the name of a person who assaulted me when I was 17 (all unrelated people I will add! They just all have the same name).

So I do NOT want that name but I can't convince DP to use it as a middle name.

I don't know if it would ever grow on me.

Sent from my Unicorn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a list and brought it to hospital. Though if a girl we had decided on Amali Imogen. Then (during labour because that is the most convenient time!) hubby decided he'd prefer Imogen and didn't like the name Amali anymore (tough luck to him because I would have allowed Imogen to go first but Amali was MY choice and would definitely have been a middle name).
    Boys names were so hard! I took two and he took two names. We had already decided on the name Spencer as a middle name.
    Our choices were Kade, Cael, Declan and Owen. I HATED the name Declan and thought Owen was so so, I also didn't really like the name Cael and desperately wanted Kade! In the end hubby agreed. Kade he would be. Then our son came out with this cheeky little imp face and I just knew. The name I loved was not for him. We went with Owen. The name neither of us 100% liked....
    WE both love the name, it was just HIM, it was this little imp's name and we loved him to bits and his name.
    I guess the moral to my long winded personal experience was that you don't settle on a name you don't 100% love, sometimes you fall in love with the right name when you know it is the baby's name. Also a reason not to tell people your choices if you don't want to hear their nonsense about not liking a name and turning you off of it. No body says they hate the baby's name (at least not to your face) when they meet the baby and discover BUB'S name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never ever agreed to the whole naming them after you see them, until I had DS. We hadn't agreed on a boys name until he came out and I said "he is ****** (insert name)". He suites it perfectly.

Sorry this doesn't help, but I was completely freaking until the very moment. They are what they are. You will know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    We will have this issue if we ever have a boy. DP has a name he wants and doesn't give a rats what I think. It's his fathers name so fair enough to honour that but it's also the same name of a couple of ex's of mine and also the name of a person who assaulted me when I was 17 (all unrelated people I will add! They just all have the same name).

So I do NOT want that name but I can't convince DP to use it as a middle name.

I don't know if it would ever grow on me.

Sent from my Unicorn.
    I'm sorry... I think that is incredibly selfish and unfair of your DP. : (

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (06-02-2015),LaDiDah  (25-03-2013),Pilbara  (25-03-2013)