+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My youngest was done and dusted by 2.5, the oldest just getting it at 3.5. They're all different

If in doubt I'd wait a bit longer, trying too early can work against you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both the boys TTD by 2.5. Took 3 days to get the idea, a month of random accidents an smooth sailing since
    With both, every month from about 2 onwards I'd try for 3 days straight. If they didn't get it, we'd leave it. If they haven't even got an inkling I didn't feel there was any point in pushing it. They both got it by 2.5 though. From about 2 onwards, every night I'd sit them on the toilet and ask them to do a wee before their bath. Seemed to make them less afraid. They for the most part didn't do anything, but it did get them used to the toilet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    2.9 years with my eldest two however poop was a nightmare and my eldest was 4.2 before he started using a toilet for this.
    My youngest 2.2 years in saying that the elder two also didn't night train until just over 4 also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were pretty lucky our boy was TT by 22 mths and that is day and night no nappies. Highly recommend the 3 day training method that's what we followed. He has the odd accident but far and few between. Good luck you can only see how it goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS was 25 months, used the 3 day potty training method and he was toilet trained within one day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was 2.5 and trained in one conversation - I just had to explain what it was and he didn't have any accidents after that. Having said that, I waited until he was well and truly ready, I had suspected he was ready for a good 9 months before I even attempted it (that was due to pure laziness on my part).

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We didn't force the issue with DS, slow and steady was my theory and it worked well. Started TTing at about 3 yrs old, and by the time he was completely TT night and day he was about 3.5yrs old.
    We didn't have to do anything special for night time dryness though, that just kind of happened! He kept waking up dry and for several nights in a row I just forgot to put his pull ups on him.

Suddenly realised he'd gone a week with no accidents (or pull ups) at night and just gave away the pull ups entirely.
    He's had ONE accident since and that was because he's been really sick. He woke up and came to tell me that he needed to go to the toilet and didn't make it back to the loo before wetting himself. He was VERY upset about it but I just cleaned him up and told him it was ok and that it was an accident and he wasn't in trouble and he hasn't had any other incidents since.
    But he's been out of all kinds of nappies for 6 months with one accident. I reckon that's pretty good.

Some parents seem to think we left it too late but honestly I felt that in his case making a drama out of it would just delay him. We played it easy and it worked a charm .

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son was about 25/26 months for day time toilet trained. I do put a nappy on him for his day time sleep at home, although child care don't put one on him for his daytime sleep and rarely have a problem. He's coming up 3yo and only has the occasional accident. Since he's in child care full time, I had limited ability to gradually toilet train him myself and wasn't confident in leaving that to the centre to initiate.

So I used an all or nothing approach and over a 4 day long weekend put him in jocks and trained him. Child care centre were amazed at how well he went following that. I think I'll use the same approach again, even if I haven't the twins in full time care, as it will be easier to teach one over a shorter, but intense, time period and then teach the next one.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Temet Nosce~ View Post
    Ds is 3.4 yrs and not yet toilet trained, after many unsuccessful attempts I'm now leaving it for another few months, just not worth the stress.
    Dd was toilet trained by this age and was so much easier.
    my ds (although he does have special needs) didnt toilet train until he was 3.5 he would have a giant meltdown if i put him on the toilet or potty. Then one day he just decided he would do it and was fully trained within a few weeks (regressed when we had our newbie ) but then back to being full trained.. I just left it upto him and it was the best decision ever.

I will do that for dd too. She can decide

Thanks
    Reviews
    2.8 months. No night nappy and both 1's & 2's in toilet.