+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What age did you successfully toilet train your BOY

DS is 2 (turned 2 in DEC) and we have been trying unsuccessfully to toitel train. He knows he needs to go in the toilet and will if he has no pants/nappy on. But as soon as i put jocks/nappy on him he just goes in his pants. Doesnt even register that he needs to go.
    So im thinking hes not ready (this has been going on for weeks). Is 2 and 3 months too early to TT boys? Ive heard boys are later that girls. My DD was out of nappies about 3 days before her 2 birthday.

Any advice would be much appreciated too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the point where he was fully day trained was before 2.5years. He started showing signs at 2, I was going to wait til the summer (age 2.5) to start training but he was chose to start at 2 and it just all clicked earlier and he was fully done before 2.5 (Was wee trained at about 2y 3m but poos took waaaaay longer)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You can't really compare between boys and girls and more directly siblings. Ds1 was awesome with toilet training. He was 2.5, I was pregnant with ds2 and just thought 'I'm not having two in nappies!'. I put him in undies one day, he had several accidents and that was it. Undies everyday after that.

Ds2 on the other hand started using the toilet at about 3. He took about 6ish months to be fully trained. His progress was slower than ds1, but he is a different child.

I think it sounds like your little man is on his way. He's recognising he needs the toilet but I believe he might be getting confused with undies on, hence the accidents.

I'd keep going with training and keep reminding yourself he will click as soon as he's ready.

Good luck

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I first tried my DS at the age of 2 and he was not interested or ready but just 5months later he showed signs he was ready and picked it up straight away and has only ever had about 3 accidents and that was about 2months ago he started going to toilet, he even comes and tells me when he needs to go, im suprised how just 5months made such a big difference. Maybe give your DS a little break until he shows some signs he is ready then try again .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some boys do take longer than others. Mine wasn't trained until 3-3.5

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boys have both been relatively easy and I haven't pushed them at all. I have waited for the signs they were ready.

Ds1 would hold himself and know when he wanted to go and tell us he had gone. I found the hardest thing was getting him to go to the toilet on the potty and I eventually got him a musical ones and as soon as he went that first time that was it. He rarely had accidents and although I would keep a nappy on him at night time just in case he would wake to go to the toilet through the night. He was completely toilet trained and no nappies at all by 2.5yrs.

Ds2 is 2 next month and for the past months the girls at daycare have put him on the toilet at every nappy change but he has never gone for them. One day over the weekend 6 weeks ago he kept saying "go for wees" and wanted to go sit on the toilet but didn't go in it, he just climbed off and on all afternoon so then I thought I would locate the music potty and see if he was interested. As soon as he sat on it he went for wee in it and that was it. At home now he is in jocks and uses the potty all the time for wee and poo. He takes his nappy off when he wakes and goes straight to the potty. He still won't use the toilet at daycare or home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hayden started training at 22 months, and I considered him fully toilet trained just after 2, he still continued to have the odd accident here and there till he was around 2.5, but hasn't worn a nappy at all since he was 2.

Mikayla started taking herself to the loo at around 18 months, and now at 20 months she's only in nappies for sleep and barely having any accidents already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 started TTing himself at 18mo (he asked for a potty) and that was it! I slowly started tting him and he was fully day and night tt by about 2.

DS2 on the other hand....he was fully ttd by 3.5yo. He simply didnt register that he needed to go until he was doing it. Its just the type of kid he is...he gets engrossed in other things and forgets he needs to go to the toilet. Even now at school he is that way...when he should be concentrating on the teacher he is busy playing with toys

I kept trying with DS2 at 2 as I thought he would be as easy as his brother but nope! He wasnt ready till after 3....and even then it was a hard slog to get him tt'd!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS1 was day & night TT at 21 months (no accidents whatsoever since 22 months), he just picked it up so quickly-he seemed really interested, so I decided it was time. One morning I just got rid of every nappy, then I had no excuse to put them back on him (nights included).

If you don't think he's ready, I'd give it a little time & try again. When they're ready it just happens so quickly...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ds is 3.4 yrs and not yet toilet trained, after many unsuccessful attempts I'm now leaving it for another few months, just not worth the stress.
    Dd was toilet trained by this age and was so much easier.