+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2nd time around - sooo much harder

Is anyone else on to their 2+ pregnancy and struggling with energy and ms all these things that didn't feel as bad with the first one?

I never had ms with ds. I also (apart from a couple of days in about month two) never had any energy issues.

Now I am struggling, every day.I am so tired I can barely concentrate. I can't remember what I am doing half the time. I am getting through less work.

I have ms (not so bad I spew all day) from the moment I get up to when I go to bed. I have the occasional two day break from it but generally just feel hungover all the time to where i have gagging fits over nothing and have to deep breath at my desk in order to quell the vomit panic. .. doesn't always work.

Food wise I am so apathetic. I don't want anyting, not turned off most stuff but apart from bread and vegemite nothing is guaranteed.

Bleh whinge whinge, I don't know if it is cause i am 5 years old than when I had ds, or just tired from 4 years of having ds and disrupted sleep but this time it is a struggle.

Please tell me other people have the same thing, so many people I talk to found successive pregnancies easier, I feel like a big pudgey (oh yeh the other thing that didn't happen to me first time around) baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am right there with you, this time around is so very much harder, I believe for all the reasons you mentioned. I am 5 years older than the first time around, life is a bit more stressful, DD is a delightful handful, DH has a more demanding job and my knowledge of things that can go wrong has increased drastically thus increasing my anxiety and stress. All this comes together to leave me feeling sick and exhausted most afternoons from around 2pm. I wouldn't give this baby up for the world but one things for sure... I am NEVER putting myself or my family through this again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    Yep, I don't remember this extreme exhaustion from my ds, I know the nausea wasn't there,

I did have severe heart burn with him (would wake up with stomach acid pouring out my nose) but my diet was crap back then.

This pregnancy is knocking me far worse than my sons did
    Am glad it isn't just me. People put you all in the same box, if there are three pregnant women and two are fine they look at you and go well what is wrong with you then?

We have two ladies that just left work due any day now. One didn't even look 5 months pregnant (her first) maybe due to fact she is tall and baby isn't as squished up. I am only 10 weeks (admittedly have no tummy muscles anymore) and look four months.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnabeaGR8mum View Post
    I am right there with you, this time around is so very much harder, I believe for all the reasons you mentioned. I am 5 years older than the first time around, life is a bit more stressful, DD is a delightful handful, DH has a more demanding job and my knowledge of things that can go wrong has increased drastically thus increasing my anxiety and stress. All this comes together to leave me feeling sick and exhausted most afternoons from around 2pm. I wouldn't give this baby up for the world but one things for sure... I am NEVER putting myself or my family through this again.
    ha I just feel old and have moments of "What the hell have I let myself in for?" and I don't think I am as bad as you from the sounds of it. No anxiety about birth, just sick and tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes! It's almost 9 years later though so I'm not sure how that factors in, but I'm struggling big time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'm struggling more this time for a few reasons, the top 3 being -
    1. Twins, so more fatigue and bigger sooner, so feel heavier and slower already at 19 weeks, whereas I was barely showing with my son at the same point in time.
    2. Early part of pregnancy over summer, extended heat wave into March - I think this has a massive part to play in my energy levels, compared to 1st trimester in Aug-Oct last time.
    3. Did have nausea this time for a few weeks, didn't last time, but this wasn't a huge issue compared to the much greater amounts of fatigue (did have some of this last time, but no where near as much)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 nd pregnancy was horrific too. Not sure if it was because of the extreme heat in WA this time last year, or the fact I was 4 yrs older, or because I had a 3 and a bit yr old to look after. I swore that was it, I was never going back for no.3. Now I've forgotten it all 😄and am considering a 3rd! It's worth it in the end, but you are definitely not the only one feeling crappy. Big hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 18 weeks preg and yep it's been hard work this time.. I've really struggled. My Ms was so bad and the exhaustion has been out of control. I've had a subchrionic haematoma I'm stressed about. There's too many differences to list but I understand how your feeling. It's amazing how how pregnancies can differ do much. I won't be finding out sex until we have bub but I'm sure it's another boy so I don't think it's a gender thing either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ha I am so cranky too! Well I put that down to the ms, tiredness and headaches.

I am not proud but I actually told someone at work to f off yesterday. I had gone to stretch then stopped myself and said it was cause in that top I was wearing my enormous maternity bra rode up and showed when I did. She said "but you aren't that far along". I said I have gone up nearly three cup sizes already. And she looked at me like whatever, said something else and then went "smile" I just said oh fk off. oooh tanty pants. Love it when people who aren't preggers and have never been preggers think they know everything about pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by upforroundtwo View Post
    Is anyone else on to their 2+ pregnancy and struggling with energy and ms all these things that didn't feel as bad with the first one?

I never had ms with ds. I also (apart from a couple of days in about month two) never had any energy issues.

Now I am struggling, every day.I am so tired I can barely concentrate. I can't remember what I am doing half the time. I am getting through less work.

I have ms (not so bad I spew all day) from the moment I get up to when I go to bed. I have the occasional two day break from it but generally just feel hungover all the time to where i have gagging fits over nothing and have to deep breath at my desk in order to quell the vomit panic. .. doesn't always work.

Food wise I am so apathetic. I don't want anyting, not turned off most stuff but apart from bread and vegemite nothing is guaranteed.

Bleh whinge whinge, I don't know if it is cause i am 5 years old than when I had ds, or just tired from 4 years of having ds and disrupted sleep but this time it is a struggle.

Please tell me other people have the same thing, so many people I talk to found successive pregnancies easier, I feel like a big pudgey (oh yeh the other thing that didn't happen to me first time around) baby.
    Upforroundtwo you have just described my second (and current) pregnancy perfectly. Except add 7yrs in between DS and bubs now.

I'm so seriously tired and the MS has caused me to work from home as I can't handle the long travel to work wondering how far I will make it before I need to pull over and throw up. I'm almost 12 weeks.. I had some relief in week 10 then I came back a vengeance. Hoping it all calms down soon. I couldn't cope if this was it for the next 6mths.