+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetTheBluths View Post
    Can't think if any off the top of my head but just wanted to point out they're fears aren't necessarily irrational - there is often logic behind it and I think it's important not to tell kids they're being silly (not saying that to anyone, just a general comment).
    Couldn't agree more. We always comforted ds1 but it was a bit hard to explain shadows at such a young age.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD1 was scared of the plug. She was also scared of the dark until recently when she really had no choice but to sleep in the dark, after she broke her lamp.
    DD2 doesn't appear to be scared of anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetTheBluths View Post
    Can't think if any off the top of my head but just wanted to point out they're fears aren't necessarily irrational - there is often logic behind it and I think it's important not to tell kids they're being silly (not saying that to anyone, just a general comment).
    I agree kids should not be taunted by their fears. in saying that I think this is meant to be a light hearted thread about the unusual things kids are scared of.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I was afraid of fluff when I was younger.
    DS1 was afraid of flies (he got over that thankfully). Now he's got issues with dirt. If it touches his foot, all hell breaks loose.

Handy when he's playing outside with sandals on :-/
    This reminds me that dd1 was terrified of sand when she was about 15months. Would not go anywhere near our sandpit! And we could only go to parks with the soft rubber cushion, not a sanded playground!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD2 was scared of the sound of packing tape. Wasn't good when we were packing to move, she would scream.

Both my kids hate cockroaches and will squeal and run away if they see one. I don't think that's too irrational - even though they can't hurt them they are gross

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    DD1 - butterflies

DD2 - birds, loud noises

DS2 - the worst fear yet of hand dryers in public toilets, he gets so scared he turns blue. He couldn't go in to a public toilet until about a year as even the site of one would have him a meltdown on the floor. He can go in now sometimes but he can't go close to one and if someone else uses it he melts-down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Argh my son had a fear of wind when he was around 3.It started when my neice had her bday at a park and it was soooo gusty and everything was blowing off table.It got ridiculous in the end,he wouldn't go outside like ever.Thank god he got over it,because really wind is everywhere all the time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We took a holiday to the sunshine coast when ds2 was 3 and he refused to walk on the sand and he would have nothing to do with the surf...he was afraid of sharks. We went to underwater world during the holiday and he wouldn't even look at the sharks. He's 6 now and over his fear

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS -10 months- is afraid of loud crinkly noise...... Like a tarpaulin being folded, a plastic bag being scrunched or sticky tape being ripped off a parcel.