Closed Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan2bamummy View Post
    Which is where my point that they are hoping you won't need it comes into play.
    Nope, I'm not talked around on that one. The fact is many women will need it.

The gap is a given, the best way of addressing it is the debate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I don't see it as paid work is more important than unpaid work, it's not. Stay at home parents have a valuable role. I am looking at it from a factual (not emotional) angle: you get paid for Doing paid work, you don't get paid for not doing paid work/working for yourself. No disrespect to Stay at Home Parents intended.
    well said vicpark. If only people would understand that there is no disrespect intended.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    well said vicpark. If only people would understand that there is no disrespect intended.
    It was well said, and I took no offence. I'm not sure if you're trying to somehow relate it to your earlier posts though?
    Last edited by lambjam; 21-03-2013 at 21:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Kimberleygal, if you and your DH have 'worked so hard' in comparison to the rest of us slackers...why do you have to keep reinforcing this fact? What does it matter what a bunch of strangers think about your material possessions, or how hard you guys have worked? I really think you suffer from some sort of low self esteem because clearly people here find that attitude offputting. I think you should be extremely grateful and happy with what you have, so it shouldn't matter to a bunch of folk online think of your possessions.

FTR loads of SAHMs work very hard. I'm sure lots of people don't work hard. Why does it matter? I don't think I work particularly hard - am I unworthy?
    Im not calling anyone slack and nor do i care what people think in all honesty and for the record i am very grateful for what i have, life could not be better. low Self esteem....what is that ? Something I have never had a problem with that's for sure, what a stupid accusation. And which is why I am so defensive. I do have a problem with being stalked and critiqued by stupid people with nothing better to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Thats why I don't get the big push for SAHP super. Paying a SAHP super now instead of an old age pension later... its all coming out of the governments pocket anyway. It's not creating self sufficiency. It's just changing the timeline of government dependency. I'm probably missing something.... but I can't for the life of me put my finger on it!
    Super over a life time collects a good amount of interest though, that is the trade off

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    It was well said, and I took no offence. I'm not sure if you're trying to somehow relate it to your posts though?
    ok so once again I ask for someone to actually point out what it was that I said that is offensive. All I have done is state what I think and some have purely just not agreed and slammed me for it. Funny how I have had a lot of pm's this afternoon of support by people who agree with what I have said but don't have the courage to say it on here for fear of the backlash.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This thread has run its course and will now be closed.