Closed Thread
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You mean like give the kids a good future where they won't be sole and financial carers for their elderly parents. Heck yes, I would like to see something put in place that could stop that. Hmmm, what would it be called I wonder? It is on the tip of my tongue. Oh yes, that's right - Super.

Quote Originally Posted by bellibean View Post
    Am I the only person sick of seeing everyone putting their hand out for an 'entitlement'?

Gosh I wonder what people did before super and centrelink.

Far out. We have a lower income and I made a choice not to work but we live within our means. If money became an issue, I would find a way to earn more. Happy to do cleaning, shelf stacking etc done it before.

Society gets more handouts than ever before and still ask for more. Wouldn't you all prefer to see some of that money invested in projects that will give our kids a bright future? Maybe towards reducing the cost of living?

Oh it's not fair, poor me I didn't get as much as that other person.

Besides, what goes in one hand generally comes out the other.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (21-03-2013),sjay  (21-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok. I see everyones points about SAHM's not getting super but how would it work??? Would every SAHM get the same amount?? I work and each year I go through a performance review and I get a pay rise if I am viewed to have met certain criteria etc. should the same apply to SAHM's eg if you do activities with your kids, volunteer for canteen, do reading at school etc etc should you get more government paid super than the sahm who watches tv or facebooks all day??? What about the mothers who care 24/7 for a severely disabled child?? They certainly work harder than most if not all SAHM and working mums- how much should they get??? And where should this money come from? And if you were clever enough to marry a man who earns a massive income should you get the same government super as a mum who's hubby earns minimum wage?? (I say the clever enough in good fun my mum always told me to marry a rich man and I'd be set for life.... Bigger should have listened lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Perhaps in the sense that he's "not yet dealt with"?
    hahahaha! Now that is a clever play on words.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (21-03-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I guess my first thought is along the lines of the government co-contribution scheme. So if you contributed to your own super the government would match your contribution, just as it would a person in paid employment.

This is a topic I don't know much about, I'd love to hear from someone who understands it better...
    Last edited by lambjam; 21-03-2013 at 09:41.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-03-2013),sjay  (21-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think maybe a very small payment each fortnight for super for SAHM's. Ultimately if you don't provide even a tiny bit of super a woman who retires with little to none is going to be a burden to the tax payer anyway. Better it gain interest over 25 years than pay old age pension.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (21-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There are BB and FTB and childcare rebates, if they withheld a small amount from any of those things and put it into super, then that would be good. It is just like an enforced savings plan really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol. We need a sarcasm button.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What he said was :Whether his paid paternity scheme discriminates against stay-at-home mums:
    “Well, if you want to get the dough, go into the workforce”

Meaning if you want paid paternity leave money then you have to go to work, makes sense to me if you dont work you get the BB so not sure how this can upset anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Unfortunately I have to agree with LMF. Stay at home mums still get the baby bonus to help with the initial layout of the baby... I don't understand why they need paid paternity leave if they aren't leaving the work force? They're not missing out on any money.

A person who usually works would still have to pay for daycare and other things I imagine.. and before someone comes in and says that they could just pull their child out of daycare while they aren't working..d epending on where you live it's not always possible.. where I live it would take me 2 years to get my children back into childcare and that would be if I was lucky.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Lol. We need a sarcasm button.

ETA Oh, gotcha!
    Last edited by lambjam; 21-03-2013 at 10:37.