Closed Thread
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    Not posting in the spirit of bubhub……?
    If you feel anyone's posting style is not in the spirit of BubHub please REPORT ... only Moderators can see reports and be assured we read/discuss ALL reports.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    i have not said anything offensive or insulting in this thread. Those that think I have need to re read my posts and feel free to point it out to me. I simply made comments I believe are correct in my situation, this is what I think and for those that don't agree, you have merely turned it around simply because you don't agree! Nor do I brag about my financial situation, I simply comment how it is and I'm extremely proud of dh and my achievements in our 20yrs together, we have had a very successful relationship and marriage and we have worked god damn hard, we have such beautiful boys who aren't spoilt but have financial security for their futures to give them a good start in life. If others attempted to do the same and better their situations instead of whingeing about what tony abbott stated and expecting money for staying at home and all the other such hand outs I wouldn't feel the need to comment on these threads.
    I think it seems a lot of people in this thread are in consensus that you don't need to be paid a wage from the government to be a SAHM but a lot agree that lack of superannuation for women out of the workforce will be a big concern down the track.

Perhaps "bettering one's situation" means a different thing to you as it might to others. Not everyone is wanting more income or financial wealth. You have obviously done very well for yourself and I myself am probably in a someone similar position, or on the way to it. But LOTS of people work very, very hard but don't have huge financial wealth to show for it. For e.g. some mum's spend 24 hrs a day for 20 years caring for a disabled child. Hard work doesn't always equal financial wealth and happiness for that matter, i think thats what other posters are trying to say.

Tony abbot is strongly disliked by many for a lot of reasons which is perhaps why he often gets a strong reaction and negative comments to statements he makes.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (20-03-2013),beebs  (21-03-2013),Busy-Bee  (20-03-2013),dancingchipmunk  (21-03-2013),MsTruth  (20-03-2013),sjay  (21-03-2013),SoThisIsLove  (20-03-2013),Stiflers Mom  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    What kind of freaky massages do you have?
    lol you don't want *me* to go there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hahahahaha

Speedo massages

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Don't go there. I have a picture of an oiled up Abbott in speedos
    oh vomit. if he gets in instead of all the shot's we used to get of Howard power walking around the lack in his green and gold trackie, we'll be getting nightly updates on the news of the speedos....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Maybe but it isn't just past stuff but in the present too. You seem a pretty switched on person, surely you get why these sort of comments inflame people? I would never dare bag out working mums in their section. Surely the same could be asked for us?
    I see how people can get upset. But it goes back to my favorite topic of balls....Having a thick skin: don't let past opinions, personal views and insecuirities cause you to over-react to what someone says, blow what they are saying out of proportion or be catty in responding (not saying you did this at all!). If someone says something sort of related to your situation and you are at first miffed .. stop... take a breath... Dont take it personally...ask yourself is any part of what they are saying is valid?
    - if someone told me I have a fat @rse at first I would be miffed. Then I'd probably agree with them, flip them the bird and move on.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    oh vomit. if he gets in instead of all the shot's we used to get of Howard power walking around the lack in his green and gold trackie, we'll be getting nightly updates on the news of the speedos....
    Still makes me smile
    http://youtu.be/ZLh9QqAxq9s

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-03-2013),BigRedV  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Don't go there. I have a picture of an oiled up Abbott in speedos
    I might report this post...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (20-03-2013),delirium  (20-03-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    i have not said anything offensive or insulting in this thread. Those that think I have need to re read my posts and feel free to point it out to me. I simply made comments I believe are correct in my situation, this is what I think and for those that don't agree, you have merely turned it around simply because you don't agree! Nor do I brag about my financial situation, I simply comment how it is and I'm extremely proud of dh and my achievements in our 20yrs together, we have had a very successful relationship and marriage and we have worked god damn hard, we have such beautiful boys who aren't spoilt but have financial security for their futures to give them a good start in life. If others attempted to do the same and better their situations instead of whingeing about what tony abbott stated and expecting money for staying at home and all the other such hand outs I wouldn't feel the need to comment on these threads.
    I don't think that anyone ever *thinks* that they brag, but from the reception that many of your post (about financial matters) get, it seems that I am not the only one the interprets them this way. I am sure I will get in trouble for saying this but your post often read as bragging and it makes you sound as if you lack humility and grace. I am sure that like most people, you would not like to be thought of in this way.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (20-03-2013),Moxy  (21-03-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I might report this post...
    Not in the spirit of common decency?

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-03-2013),BlissedOut  (20-03-2013),ChickyBee  (20-03-2013),HugsBunny  (20-03-2013),Moxy  (21-03-2013)