Closed Thread
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I am on maternity leave ATM, but I have gone back to work part-time when my children were less than 12 months old, and I will be returning to work part-time in October, possibly even in term 3 as my school might need me. I have a university degree, but my maximum earning capacity without promotion is 89k. My husband earns very good money, but I don't bring it up every time a tax thread or whatever comes up and complain about how much tax he pays!

And I beg to differ, you do brag. You reveal a lot about yourself without even knowing it, obviously.
    Oh she is fully aware she is doing it. Usually it serves a purpose e.g self esteem boost. Guess its not all sunshine and roses on the other side of the fence after all. Anyway it's the Internet I'm actually a supermodel so you know money is no object.

Its always the same people spilling their delusional thoughts on subjects they rarely know anything about with the same attitude standing on the same pedestal. *yawn* it gets old.... Yea yea you worked hard we get it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (20-03-2013),beebs  (21-03-2013),HugsBunny  (20-03-2013),RobinSparkles  (20-03-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    You are correct VicPark. There are sometimes people on BH that make comments that offend people on a regular basis which makes it difficult for people to take them with a clean slate in each thread. I believe this is the case here.
    Especially when it's always the same content.

KG has been told in countless threads that people find her posting style arrogant and insulting. If she continues to post in the same way, it stands to reason that people will continue to respond in the same way.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (20-03-2013),BigRedV  (20-03-2013),delirium  (20-03-2013),RobinSparkles  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    But see this is the false correlation people make. I'm well educated, and as I've said before on the forum, my trade is, quite frankly crap money. I worked 10 sometimes 12 hour days, weekends. For the bargain price of around 40k.

hard work doesn't always = good income. My husband worked really hard in an abbatoirs in 2004 earning 14 bucks an hour f/t from memory? Just bc a family isn't on big money doesn't mean they don't work hard or haven't been to uni... that is a fallacy.

I think it's also important to realise not everyone WANTS the expensive house, designer clothes, that's why many in here are SAHM's, we have sacrificed bc we feel it's what's best for *our* family.

and I will add Vic - I have zero issue with how KG chooses to live her life, horses for courses and all that. but coming into the SAHM section telling everyone basically how lazy they are and how much money she earns and how hard she works is disingenuous.
    I agree with you 100% working hard doesn't mean good money. Plenty of hard working good people earn crap money. And I agree earning less money to stay at home raising a child is a valid and honorable role. People choose time with kids early on and aren't concerned with money good on them I say. If I only made $50 profit after childcare was paid then hell yeah I'd stay home.

Relating things back to the OP... It's when women (and I'm not saying this had been done here) makes the choice to stay at home, then expects extra assistance (parenting payment/super) ... or complain about Tony Abbot making comments about people should work if they want extra money...that I have issues with. I also have issues when (not saying its happened here. but the odds are at least one woman on this thread fits into this category) someone stuffs around when they are young and ends up in a crappy job or no job, then complains about money.

To some extent I also think if you chose to follow a career path that is lower paid then that's fine, but you have to live with the consequences.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Am I the only one who still giggles a little when they read the thread title? Oh the little picture I have in my head...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (21-03-2013),HugsBunny  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

To some extent I also think if you chose to follow a career path that is lower paid then that's fine, but you have to live with the consequences.
    Not sure I can agree with you there. We will always need people to do low paying jobs. Someone has to empty the bins, work in a shop or god forbid teach our children. Why should they suffer because we as a society don't put a high value on what they do?

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (20-03-2013),beebs  (21-03-2013),BlissedOut  (20-03-2013),Busy-Bee  (20-03-2013),dancingchipmunk  (21-03-2013),LoveLivesHere  (20-03-2013),Stiflers Mom  (20-03-2013)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Especially when it's always the same content.

KG has been told in countless threads that people find her posting style arrogant and insulting. If she continues to post in the same way, it stands to reason that people will continue to respond in the same way.
    Not posting in the spirit of bubhub……?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (20-03-2013),lambjam  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Am I the only one who still giggles a little when they read the thread title? Oh the little picture I have in my head...
    In my mind it's him with a certain finger raised

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Don't go there. I have a picture of an oiled up Abbott in speedos
    Last edited by delirium; 20-03-2013 at 19:00. Reason: typo

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    And there goes my dinner :vomit:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Don't go there. I have a picture of an oiled up Abbott is speedos
    What kind of freaky massages do you have?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (20-03-2013)