Closed Thread
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    But see this is the false correlation people make. I'm well educated, and as I've said before on the forum, my trade is, quite frankly crap money. I worked 10 sometimes 12 hour days, weekends. For the bargain price of around 40k.

hard work doesn't always = good income. My husband worked really hard in an abbatoirs in 1994 earning 14 bucks an hour f/t from memory? Just bc a family isn't on big money doesn't mean they don't work hard or haven't been to uni... that is a fallacy.

I think it's also important to realise not everyone WANTS the expensive house, designer clothes, that's why many in here are SAHM's, we have sacrificed bc we feel it's what's best for *our* family.
    Yes! People just do not seem to understand this *bangs head*

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

sjay  (21-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's also important to realise financial security means different things for different people.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

beebs  (20-03-2013),HugsBunny  (20-03-2013),lambjam  (20-03-2013),LoveLivesHere  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    And just because people have kids young does not mean they havent worked hars and arent in a good financial place. I am a young parent (about to have my 3rd at 27, had first just after turning 22) and whilst I am a SAHM we are doing quite well financially.

Oh and my husband didnt even finish grade 11. He did a trade instead. Just so happens its a decent paying trade, but it hasnt always been. We lived on him earning $250 a week when he started for 50 hour week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    When people have offensive opinions and arrogant, boastful posts, they're sure to be remembered!

Nothing sinister!
    i have not said anything offensive or insulting in this thread. Those that think I have need to re read my posts and feel free to point it out to me. I simply made comments I believe are correct in my situation, this is what I think and for those that don't agree, you have merely turned it around simply because you don't agree! Nor do I brag about my financial situation, I simply comment how it is and I'm extremely proud of dh and my achievements in our 20yrs together, we have had a very successful relationship and marriage and we have worked god damn hard, we have such beautiful boys who aren't spoilt but have financial security for their futures to give them a good start in life. If others attempted to do the same and better their situations instead of whingeing about what tony abbott stated and expecting money for staying at home and all the other such hand outs I wouldn't feel the need to comment on these threads.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read the whole thread so am just addressing the OP.

I despise Tony Abbott but I don't see how what he said is a problem.

He is saying if you specifically want paid parental leave, then you should go to work. I'm pretty sure no SAHM would suggest they are entitled to the PPL amount - certainly none I know!

It's not like there aren't any payments, etc for SAHM's so seems fair to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And your most recent post is an example of why people get defensive, Kimberley.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

beebs  (20-03-2013),HugsBunny  (20-03-2013),LoveLivesHere  (20-03-2013),Maybelline  (20-03-2013),sjay  (21-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Have you actually worked like this? Have yoy had a small baby at home and worked 5 nights a week, finishint at 2am and then getting up when your child does at 5am and looking after them for the whole day while your DH works?

I dont agree with PPL for SAHP's either but sorry your post struck a nerve with me.

I did what I posted above for almost 2 years before DS2 was born. I started workint when DS1 was 3 months old, 5 nights a week, from 8pm-2am and my son never went to daycare and my DH works 6 days a week from 5am-5pm. Hardly the ideal you posted about.
    Sounds to me like that is what plan2b does. Different things work for different families. It may not be your cup of tea but if it works for plan2b good on her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    i have not said anything offensive or insulting in this thread. Those that think I have need to re read my posts and feel free to point it out to me. I simply made comments I believe are correct in my situation, this is what I think and for those that don't agree, you have merely turned it around simply because you don't agree! Nor do I brag about my financial situation, I simply comment how it is and I'm extremely proud of dh and my achievements in our 20yrs together, we have had a very successful relationship and marriage and we have worked god damn hard, we have such beautiful boys who aren't spoilt but have financial security for their futures to give them a good start in life. If others attempted to do the same and better their situations instead of whingeing about what tony abbott stated and expecting money for staying at home and all the other such hand outs I wouldn't feel the need to comment on these threads.
    No one is turning it around. I have politely addressed your points, as have others. Obviously we disagree lol but that doesn't mean anyone is picking on you. As to the claim everyone that is 'whinging' needs to work harder, if you are so financially secure why do you always 'whinge' you don't get money from the govt? better still, by your reasoning, stand on your own two feet and don't accept PPL?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (20-03-2013),peanutmonkey  (20-03-2013),Stiflers Mom  (20-03-2013),supersic  (21-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Sounds to me like that is what plan2b does. Different things work for different families. It may not be your cup of tea but if it works for plan2b good on her!
    I could be mistaken but im fairly certain her bub isnt even born yet?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yes different things work for different families. Being at home may not be your cup of tea but it works for us