+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No worries. All the best with your research!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi jennaisme
    I've always believed Cain's wife was his sister as well. I read somewhere the first law given by God to not marry close relatives was given to Moses in the book of Leviticus 400 years later- so it was fine for them to marry their siblings back then. As a PP said too it varied whether or not females would get mentioned in the OT as well. Hope that's useful in some way, all the best with your research

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Jennaisme - it is interesting isn't it!

I recall a conversation with a friend [a believer] who believes that they didn't interbreed - there were other people.

The name Lilith - and the story that goes with her is one (imo) that teaches that women should be weaker than men. (lilith wanted to be equal) - all these stories [along with others that have been edited out over time] collected in the current bible are from mythology of that area/era.

Some people take the Adam and Eve story to be literal others at metaphoric I've heard people say they believe Evolution happened and that the Adam and Eve story was when god 'injected' them with a soul.

Jennaisme - you might find this series "The Bible's buried secrets" by Dr Francesca Stavrakapoulou [she is a biblical scholar] - just as fascinating as I did.
    The series is on youtube if you have a quick google... it covers things like 'did god have a wife?', 'the real garden of eden', 'did king david's empire exist' etc.
    {here's the garden of eden episode - but the whole series is great!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ9cv...0FB3C2F1D36CA4 }
    She talks to a range of people and actually looks at the bible as written in hebrew - not ONLY the edited version of today. Also goes back to look at archeological finds.
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 22-03-2013 at 10:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The problem of reconciling Adam and Eve as the literal "parents" of all humanity with any scientific understanding have become much more vexing over the past decade. The world's leading Christian magazine discussed the problem at length here.