+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As I said, brief research and by no means fact. I find it fascinating though. =) I'm not even thrugh Genesis yet and I'm already full of so many questions. I'm getting frustrated. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Post any questions on here and im sure someone can help.

I always have found satisfying answers in the bible to any questions that have arisen while studying it.

I guess to we arent meant to know the answers to every little finer detail either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well... By historical records, the Adam and Eve story would put Adam and Eve at the latest 8000 years ago(give or take a few hundred).
    The oldest domestication of animals is 13000 years ago (so 11,000 BC to 9000 BC), and the oldest agricultural step up is 12,000 years ago(so 10,000 BC)

It would put the flood at(at the most) 6500(ish) years ago.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi jennaisme, I have only a small understanding of the bible, and I have never gone into huge detailed study of the OT. I have found enough for me to work on just in the NT. Personally, I would not bother with the fine details, to me the OT is just stories, the NT, the gospels, the life of Jesus, that is where I get my help and guidence. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Marie.
    Thanks heaps, but I'm studying it from an Academic standpoint, more than a religious one. I find it incredibly interesting. My last post I should probably have put as: Where exactly in Melbourne would I find an impartial theologian?

Thanks
    Reviews
    In other news if you google Mitochondrial Eve a whole range of interesting things come up in regards to the first humans.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Hi Marie.
    Thanks heaps, but I'm studying it from an Academic standpoint, more than a religious one. I find it incredibly interesting. My last post I should probably have put as: Where exactly in Melbourne would I find an impartial theologian?
    Impartial how?

Do you mean someone not associated with any particular denomination? Because that could be tricky. There are loads of theologians that I know of, but they have all been through a bible college associated with a particular denomination.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, I'm not sure how you feel about doing this... but when I am struggling to understand something I will pray for God to show me the answer as per the 'seek and you shall find' verse. It always works for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Except from my reading and as I understand it, Seth was born after Cains banishment, so theoretically Cain was banished before his sisters were born.

In fact, Cain and Abel were Adam and Eves first children, or that's how it seems, since Seth replaces Abel as the son Cain killed...
    I thought it was due to the patriachial society at the time the Bible was written. Girls were unimportant and theirfore not mentioned. Cain and Abel were boys so were important and thus specifically mentioned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    I thought it was due to the patriachial society at the time the Bible was written. Girls were unimportant and theirfore not mentioned. Cain and Abel were boys so were important and thus specifically mentioned.
    Except Cains great great great great grandsons wives were mentioned by name in the same paragraph as his wife is mentioned in passing.

Thank you for the advice in praying to god, but I don't follow him. I'm doing this as impartially as I can and I need. Theologian, as in one with no denomination to help.