+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If you lost heaps of weight really quickly after your first baby doesn't mean it will happen with the second! Even if you are breastfeeding 2 children....
    :rollseyes:

And as mentioned the after birth pains! Also breastfeeding can be very painful and doesn't always come naturally (positioning and latch) but it does get better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That labour can be quick and not very painful (was for me). So ignore everyone who tries to scare you with their horror stories. That was just their experience, not necessarily yours.

You will find your own groove soon, so don't stress about housework or cooking, pretty soon I just worked it out, got a rhythm and it all gets done. (I also have housework tips, if you want them, lol)

Babies grow very fast, cherish that baby stage, I feel like I just blinked and all of a sudden dd2 is crawling already and looking enormous!

Don't stress the small stuff.

Parent how you want to, learn to smile and nod at others advice.

Communicate with your partner, everyday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    1. Trust your instincts - as some of the pp mentioned; your midwifes, doctors or nurses opinion is quite often just that - an opinion!

2. That your relationship with your partner will change. I wish me and mine had talked about this before bubs came along - The first few months are very challenging.

3. Shaving your legs, washing your hair or just sitting down to watch a half hour tv show are a luxury!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That its ok to need and ask for help, and that it doesn't make you a bad mother. I would be so so so lost without my own mum helping out.

That baby blues can hit hard and it's not a sign of weakness. I spent day 3 in hospital in tears for about 24 hours. I am generally a really capable and emotionally strong person, so it shocked me how badly it hit (and also how quickly it went away when I let all the emotion out).

Thanks
    Reviews
    1) That babies need to learn how to go to sleep. We had no idea that something that seems like a natural ability to adults actually isn't so natural for babies!

2) That it is okay to put LO down in their bassinet/cot awake/drowsy.

3) That developing non parent dependent sleep associations are worth their weight in gold.

4) That there is such a thing as sleep regression and you will find it harder than a newborn but you will survive it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    Communicate with your partner, everyday!
    this ^

Wasn't ready for the strain on our relationship and it wasn't til we REALLY started communicating properly about how we felt and what we needed from each other that we got our groove back.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Coop8818  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing to add, just subbing, I'm loving the advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    That teething is SH!T!!!

That doing a poo is hard after birth

That the drugs dont work during labour

That when your newborn has wind, life sucks

Thanks
    Reviews
    subbing for the tips

Thanks
    Reviews
    That the washing, the dishes, the housework in general will always be there and to enjoy your baby instead as they grow too quickly. Even if its just delaying the chores for 15 minutes.

Not to buy to many 0000 - 000 clothes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app