+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Once you get pregnant you will be worried and scared for life and it doesn't end when the baby is born healthy. As they grow you will worry about something happening to them, that they are developing correctly, eating the amount they are supposed to, etc. I've come to realise I will never stop worrying no matter what age they are.

The mach nurses tend to follow books to a T so don't always worry if they say you're baby should be doing this and it's not. It doesn't mean there's something wrong.

It's okay to stop breastfeeding if you have to for whatever reason.

Things don't always go to plan.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

mrsboyts  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't google it!! I don't know how many times I got myself all worked up over something I googled haha

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kriselby For This Useful Post:

littleolive  (20-03-2013),penguinbaby  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish someone had told me that teenage boys smell no matter how many times a day they shower lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to purpdirewytch For This Useful Post:

SpongebobMummyPants  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's already been said but I'll say it again...nobody told me about after birth pains and how painful they are after 2 or more babies, i honestly thought i was in labour again! And breastfeeding is extremely hard work and don't beat youself up if it fails.

Thanks
    Reviews
    1)
    That pregnancy isn't all that ''magical'' it's HARD, you will feel more exhausted than you ever have in your whole life even when all the work you did for the day was drag yourself out of bed to use the toilet (147 times)

2)
    that there is no such thing as ''morning'' sickness, it comes when ever and for however long it wants to.

3)
    constipation and diarrhea are an understatement!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    1) Breast feeding can be really hard, and if it doesn't work out then don't stress about it.

2) You don't always get the birth that you're expecting, but a different type of birth can still be a great experience.

3) A lot of the things that consume you when pregnant/ a new mum (like feeding and birth choices) may not feel so important when your little one is a bit bigger.

4) You'll lose a lot of weight with the birth, but the last kgs can take a lot of time and effort to drop!

5) Do things your way. Everyone will have an opinion about what you do, and how their way may work better.

6) Newborns don't always cry a lot. (Mine never cried for food, and rarely cried at all. We had to wake her for food, and I spent a lot of time convinced that meant there was something wrong with her!)

7) Time will pass. Situations that seem difficult will get easier just with the passage of time.

8) Find a good group of other mums to be around. Playgroup was a lifesaver for me (baby playgroup - which is more for mums than the babies). If you don't like the mix of people in your mother's group/ playgroup then keep looking until you find an awesome group of women who make you feel sane and normal.

9) Look after yourself, and take help/ rest when you can. Accept all offers of food or cups of tea (or wine...)

10) Write down when the milestones happen, as you will probably forget!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That you will make mistakes and that its ok. You cant be the perfect parent/wife/mother/lover all the time. Your kids will survive, your partner will cope and so will you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That you can fall pregnant first try. Even if you're over 30yo, even if you've been on the pill forever.

That you can have a cruisy pregnancy and that not everyone will get MS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not everyone feels instant love/euphoria when bub is born. Sometimes it takes time to grow to love your bub and that's normal and ok!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sevven For This Useful Post:

littleolive  (20-03-2013)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    That you can fall pregnant first try. Even if you're over 30yo, even if you've been on the pill forever.
    Or the opposite too:

it can take longer than you expect to fall pregnant and don't think it will necessarily happen first time or even within 6 months (though still be prepared for it).