+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default child seat fittings

hi hoping you all can help me with this. ive heard that new laws now need the child car deat fitted by a professional. is this true? or are we still allowed to install the child seat without a professional inspection?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think it is a law, as how would it be enforced? It is probably recommended though. Our first I had installed by kid safe, biggest waste of money ever, she just followed the manual like I would have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't heard of it being the law. I would be up for a fortune if it was as I take mine out and wash them frequently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    I haven't heard of it being the law. I would be up for a fortune if it was as I take mine out and wash them frequently.
    Same here. I don't see how they could make it law.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by den1 View Post
    hi hoping you all can help me with this. ive heard that new laws now need the child car deat fitted by a professional. is this true? or are we still allowed to install the child seat without a professional inspection?
    Absolute rubbish, how can they expect people to do that each time they move the car seat to dad's car or grandma's car (for example)?? I don't believe that for a second.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The car seat fitting person at a very well known baby store tried to tell me it was against the law to fit my own seat.

Being the research obsessed/car safety nut I am, I called her out on it because it is not against the law at all.

i know for a fact she is still telling parents that its against the law, so I'm not surprised that people are saying that sort of thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    good to know i wasnt the only one who heard this lol. thanks for clearing it up for me everyone