+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Tell me everything about your twin pram?

So I am intersted to know about your twin pram pls!!!

Is it an inline/tandem or a side by side. Why did you pick it. Do you think side by sides are too wide, or worth it cos bubs are next to each other??

What do you love/hate about it? Would you get teh same thing again?
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 19-03-2013 at 16:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have the bugaboo donkey. Love it! I really don't like the idea of one child being under the other, and dd1 got frustrated by not being able to see when we tried one.

i love the fact I can have the girls facing different ways, use a capsule or bassent for dd2, and dd1 can either go in the seat or on a buggy board. Also handy that it becomes a single pram when I have 1 child.

downside is its pretty heavy and takes up lots of room in the boot.

was the only pram that ticked all my must have boxes though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    do you find it too wide for many shops? how do you go in smaller isles/shops?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the mountain buggy Duet, fits through all doors and aisles, its the same size as the other single pram of theirs.
    I like that its side by side, and it fits universal shade cover ect. Because its so slim.
    It's quite heavy to pick up though but I manage it and I'm quite small.
    It's easy to push.
    I really wanted one that could have the babies facing me but I couldn't find one slim enough. And my kids seem to love looking out anyway. A 16 month old and 3.5 month old.
    I love that when one kid gets to big for it that you can take one seat out and get a bag thing to attach instead (kinda like the donkey in mono mode) .
    I got it for$ 600 at haggle baby after seeing it advertised in an online store for $600 including postage. So they price matched even though they had them for $760.
    I had a bugaboo cameleon and wanted the donkey but I couldn't justify the cost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    the duet is the one I have been looking at - do you think the seats are big enough. To what age do you think your kids will fit in. Is it really annoying that the fabric bunches up inside the seat when he make it up right? Does bub get hot cos there is no vents on the top of the reclined seat? Do you think there is enough storage (there is no mesh bags on back of seat or handlebar storage like other brands).

Do you reckon its all worth given it is as narrow as a single?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing.

We are looking at the Steelcraft agile twin. Has anyone got that one and what do you think of it?

*This post is Chuck Norris approved*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have only just recently sold my BJCS which I think is a great pram. It's not wide but pretty long. Has a great basket plus love the capsule or bassinet option.
    I have the city mini GT double which is a awesome walking pram but doesn't have a good basket for shopping and doesn't fit through my doorway which is a PITA.
    I have recently purchased the strider compact which I love but it doesn't seem to be as sturdy as the baby joggers and I worry it won't last like they do. So if I was to pick I'd go the BJCS if I was having a newborn again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    I have only just recently sold my BJCS which I think is a great pram. It's not wide but pretty long. Has a great basket plus love the capsule or bassinet option.
    I have the city mini GT double which is a awesome walking pram but doesn't have a good basket for shopping and doesn't fit through my doorway which is a PITA.
    I have recently purchased the strider compact which I love but it doesn't seem to be as sturdy as the baby joggers and I worry it won't last like they do. So if I was to pick I'd go the BJCS if I was having a newborn again.
    ahh awesome post thanks! they are some of the ones I have been looking at!!!

You think the BJ double is too wide? Can you get around the shops with it? Is it really heavy to lift in and out of the car etc?

I like the BJCS but heard it was super long and also that their wasn't much leg room for a toddler if using as a double?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What pram did you use with your kids that wer born in same yr?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    do you find it too wide for many shops? how do you go in smaller isles/shops?
    It's not too bad. Single mode I can get through most aisles and its got a nice turning circle so easy to get around tight corners.

double is a bit harder, managed to get through a small dotti store the other day and only knocked a few items on the floor

We did get stuck in a parents room door way the other night but with a big push by dh we got through....all though in the 20 seconds we were distracted dd1 wandered off into a busy food court and got lost for about 3 minutes that's another thread though!!!

eta: if you have tall kids I wouldn't get the bugaboo. The I candy peach was my choice if Igot a inline pram. So nice to push!
    Last edited by F&A; 19-03-2013 at 18:56.