+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default childcare staff wage increase..

United voice (child care union) has just announced government increasing wages by 300 million, but this will not come from increasing fees or centres own pockets.. Thoughts? I'm due back at work but will read responses once finished work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It can't come soon enough. However I am concerned about how much of if will be passed on and how much will go to administrators. In my FDC scheme last time we had an increase of $1 per hour, our office increased its admin fee by 90c per hour, so we got 10 cents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    About time! The girls at our centre do the most amazing job and it frustrates the hell out of me to know they aren't paid what they deserve. They put in so much effort with all the kids and it really shows.

Even if fees did go up I wouldn't be upset about it. I know that isn't the case for a lot of people though and I understand that totally. So I hope it doesn't get passed down, I'd hate to see it be the difference between some families being able to have both parents working and it meaning someone has to stay home and adding extra financial pressure.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I heard that carers will get a wage increase of around $100 a week and really considering the high costs of childcare (without government rebates) I personally think it can't come soon enough....
    I agree 100% that it can't come soon enough. I would happily pay twice what i pay now (given I get a 50% rebate) for the fantastic quality care DS receives from the wonderful staff at his centre. There wouldn't be many people who don't receive either the rebate or benefit, so it's very affordable for most people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I used to hate dropping DS off to his lovely carers, knowing they were likely paid less than me. I handed over my precious little darling every day, to people who are paid a pittance. It's an awful feeling. I'm with missie_mack - this cannot come soon enough.