+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What age did your child(ren) start making friends?

DS is 2 1/2. He has just made his first friend at kindy/daycare. Before now he would kind of co-play with the other toddlers but not really play with them iykwim. He now plays regularly with another little girl there and they seek each other out, but otherwise kinda plays on his own a lot and sometimes doesn't join in at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds1 was best friends with a little girl at daycare around 3-3 1/2. He then became friends with a boy, they'd call each other mate

Ds2 became really good friends with another boy at daycare towards the end of last year (so 3 1/2 as well) but that friendship ended when the other boy threw a rock at ds2 (kids!). He has gone back to playing beside other kids, not so much 'with'. Hopefully he finds a few friends soon.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD has had a really close friend at daycare since just before she turned 3. They have regular playdates and always seem to be together at daycare. It's pretty cute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My DD made her first friend at daycare at 3.5. She did mingle with other kids her age through my friends from mothers group, but that was her first friend she made on her own. She started preschool this year and has made 2 friends.

My son has made his first friend at daycare this year. He is 32 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2.5 year old DD has had a best friend for the last few months, they go to playgroup and daycare together and usually a play centre date each week as well. She asks me each day what he is doing and if we will see him. And at daycare she always gives him a hug goodbye and no one else, it's so sweet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh well I guess that's pretty normal then. I think DS really likes other kids but often they ignore him. I guess they're still very young though and he ignores others too at times! The girls at his daycare say he does like to sit on his own sometimes and look at books each day - I suppose I wonder if its because he just has me at home and lots of alone time, or if its just something all kids do at times. I'm glad he's made a little friend, she's very sweet and they are cute together.
    Last edited by Ellewood; 19-03-2013 at 13:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is very sweet. It is certainly a cute age.