+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default FET after ICSI

Hi all,

For those of you who moved onto a FET cycle after failed ICSI, did you find success with your first FET?

Did you wait the month or jump straight into it next cycle?

Was it natural or medicated?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi veritas, we moved onto a fet after 2 fresh icsi. Our first one we did directly the next month but got a bfn unfortunately. We got our bfp on our third fet and I'm now cuddling my beautiful 3 month old dd.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lovely! I'm in two minds as to what I want, to go straight away or wait. We are away at the moment so if they wanted medicated the wait is inevitable, but natural might be possible. We only have three frosties too, all day 5 blasts, so but hesitant to potentially waste one esp not knowing how well they will thaw.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 5 blasts are good. Just as another consolation, the 4 transfers prior to our bfp were all grade a embryos that had no cell degradation on thaw and were all bfn's, or last oneonly expanded to 90% and had 10% cell degradation and yet it was our sticky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, just shows it really is luck sometimes hey! We had a perfect day 5 hatching blast and great lining for our fresh and were so positive it would work, but it wasn't to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Veritas. We went through ICSI, and our fresh cycle was BFN, we waited a month and then FET, and we now have a beautiful 9 month old daughter, and we are getting ready to go back for number 2. We also only had 3 frosties, so have 2 left. It's an exciting but nervous time. I wish you all the best and hope the next one is sticky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sitting here holding my three week old from our third natural icsi FET, if I was you I'd have a month break then start a FET the next month. Our last embryo worked as well, she was not perfectly graded at all... She turned out pretty perfect though! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    we did a fresh transfer (hatching 5 day blast) and unfortunately ended in a chemical pregnancy. We then did two FET's (medicated with estrdoil and progesterone) and they both sadly ended in an early miscarriage and another chemical pregnancy.

A lot of people seem to get very good results with FET's, i know lots of people who have gotten pregnant with FET's. My FS told me that sometimes they are actually better as your body isn't stressed from EPU. 5 day blasts mean you have a really good chance as well.

Natural or medicated seems to depend on your reason for doing IVF. I did two medicated cycles because have PCOS and irregular cycles so don't always ovulate. If you have a regular cycle and you do ovulate you could try a tracking cycle and do a natural cycle maybe with just progesterone support.

Best of luck to you! Hope your next transfer is a BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks clementine and everyone else.

I am leaning towards waiting, a month isn't that long in the scheme of things considering I'm halfway through this period already. Gonna order some more ovulation tests and see how this cycle goes, if I can manage a natural cycle I think I'd rather that, to put our emby back into the most normal habitat I can. Being away at the moment i'd rather not stress about whether we are missing monitoring or how to collect meds from a sister site. Still waiting on official word from the clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got the official negative beta today so its a fet for us. Waiting for next AF so we can do a natural cycle and let my body do its thing without being all loaded up with drugs.

Excited at the prospect of no needles, no day procedure!