+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Chlomid and laproscopy/histoscopy?

Hi all, am new to Bubhub as we have been TTC since 2010. We took a break last year to unrelated surgery both my DH and I, but this year our FS has started me on chlomid 7 days ago and I have a pre op appt on Friday for laparoscopy and histocopy on April 12th. I don't have pcos but show signs of being low ovarian reserve. It seems things are moving rather fast since my appt last Monday an trying to get my head around it all. We have had 5 miscarriages, semen test all good, lots of blood tests the past two years just low in vitamin D. Am struggling a lil emotionally with all my friends having babies unassisted and would very much like my 15y daughter to have a sibling and to have a child with my DH.
    Sorry for large post, just hoping to her about others in similar circumstances. I am 35 and new to forum abbreviations so plz bear with me lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there liz, i used two rounds of clomid and concieved on the second round, after ttc for 6-8yrs i have pcos and endometriosis, the only thing that concerns me with you, is if you have just taken your first week supply of clomid, you will need to get tested before having the laproscopies and hysteroscopies, i have had 4x laps, hysters, and cystoscopies along with D&C's and each time they test you before surgery, im under the understanding they cant operate if you are pregnant, but i could be wrong, my last lap that i had may last year they couldnt test me the day of my op, as had been fasting fluids and was unable to wee but i also knew it was extremely impossible i was pregnant that month. have a chat with your gyne and see what they say hope i have helped, all the best with your op... and also a heads up with the hysteroscopy, your first period after the surgery is very painful... the gyne sometimes forgets to mention that, but its completely normal, my first period after my surgeries had also been a bit heavier than normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u so much for info Andie. I will ask my doc about being tested prior to surgery. I also didnt know about how the first period will be like after the surgery-SOOO not looking forward to that but at least I can be prepared and not freak out something was wrong. Thanks for that. Am hoping that we go thru all of this with a positive outcome as after trying for so long am feeling lost that there is not much hope as we don't have any major issues, just the beginnings of low ovarian reserve, to explain y we haven't been able to have a baby yet. It's good to know it can work. Did u do successful 2nd chlomid after surgery?

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes i started my first dose of clomid jan this year and also took in feb and fell pregnant (my last lap, hyster, cystocopy and d&C where may 2012) i also had a test where they insert dye into your uterus and it then flows through your follipan tubes in nov or dec last year, luckily my tubes where clear, but they said that having this procedure can also help to fall preg as it gives everything a clean up and flush, but it hurt so badly, they tell u to take panadol before the test, i took panadiene forte, i asked them to stop half way thru the procedure and was saying ouch, they couldnt stop, i then had severe cramping for 2-3 days after, i have never had cramping like this before, although some people get no pain with it... here is the link to explain the procedure http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and...ingogram-21590, not sure if it is also something yourself and your doctor might look into to explore fertility, i think it cost about$250 i had my done at bensons radiology

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u a lot for ur advice asked doc and am getting blood work done day before surgery to check. Had US and he found four follicles am unsure what to do. We were hoping for one egg...