+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It depends on what it is. I only share if it's something that is going to burden me because then I can share that with DP.

And yes, we all are of the same opinion - it's assumed it'll get shared with a partner, but no one else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Does everyone who shares everything with their partners make that completely clear to all their friends? I'm actually really shocked by this thread. A secret is a secret, not tell one person.
    I've had that discussion with all my close friends, and we've all agreed that we all do the same.

I've been asked to keep a secret from DH before, and have answered that I'm not willing to keep secrets from him.

I'm surprised that some people are saying they do keep secrets on marriages. If I was in a newer/ more casual relationship or with someone I couldn't trust, then I wouldn't pass things along, but within a marriage I'd always thought of that as normal. It is for our group of friends, anyway, which is probably a good thing that we all see it the same way!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Jellyfishie  (19-03-2013),peanutmonkey  (18-03-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I've had that discussion with all my close friends, and we've all agreed that we all do the same.

I've been asked to keep a secret from DH before, and have answered that I'm not willing to keep secrets from him.

I'm surprised that some people are saying they do keep secrets on marriages. If I was in a newer/ more casual relationship or with someone I couldn't trust, then I wouldn't pass things along, but within a marriage I'd always thought of that as normal. It is for our group of friends, anyway, which is probably a good thing that we all see it the same way!
    See, i don't see it as a trust issue between me and my partner. If its not my secret it's not my place to tell anyone. Only the person who has told me the secret has the right to decide who knows. So it's a trust issue between me and them. If the person telling you knows you'll tell your partner, then there's no issue. But for example, one of my friends got genital herpes, and is extremely embarrassed about it. Why on earth would I need to tell DP? My friend wouldn't want him knowing, not because she doesn't trust him but because she feels embarrassed.

5. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (18-03-2013),dancingchipmunk  (19-03-2013),gizmoduckus  (20-03-2013),Janesmum123  (18-03-2013),madreader  (19-03-2013),Maybelline  (19-03-2013),Mod-Degrassi  (19-03-2013),moongazer  (19-03-2013),River Song  (19-03-2013),SassyMummy  (18-03-2013),Sonja  (18-03-2013),twotrunks  (18-03-2013),VanityFey  (18-03-2013),wktz  (18-03-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Does everyone who shares everything with their partners make that completely clear to all their friends? I'm actually really shocked by this thread. A secret is a secret, not tell one person.
    My friends know dp is pretty much a part of me (so i will tell him most things) but they also know that I won't tell super secret stuff.
    Does that count?

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Nope, I have loads of things I keep from him that friends have told me! It's not like cheating or spending money behind his back etc.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 18-03-2013 at 18:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep absolutely everything.. Other than maybe the odd new shopping purchase lol which he will eventually find out anyways lol

I'd hope he is the same back. Pretty sure he is

As for friends they all know that I tell DH and vice versa. There's never been any subject come up we have told eachother not to tell out hubby's. this is our close friends though. I don't really have any need to know other people secrets. It's not my business although some people do will tell me things. I often forget and don't tell DH anyways.
    Last edited by MummaJez; 18-03-2013 at 19:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Nope, I have loads of things I keep from him that friends have told me! It's not like cheating or spending money behind their back etc.
    I think this is it... I dont intentionally keep anything from DH. Sure, some things dont come up, like a friend telling me she has genital herpes wouldnt be something that would spring to mind when we're chatting, so I probably wouldn't mention it, but I wouldnt say to myself that I have to keep it from DH IYKWIM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    We tell each other everything. Always have and friends are aware of this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    My friends are well aware that I have no secrets from my DH and just to clarify I dont rush home and tell him in a gossipy way. I tell him when we chat at night about our day, and I tell him because I have a tendency to get myself worked up over other people's problems and he helps to keep me less stressed and anxious about what I have been told, and reminds me not to let it affect me.

I would never ask a friend to keep something from her partner/husband.
    So then Im not referring to you. If your friends are aware you share things with your partner then all is cool.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope I don't think I've ever shared everything with any partner I've had.