+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default First World Problem Vent - DP, you're not supposed to be home!

I love being on my own, and today I get a day off work (yay!) so knowing that DD would be at school (and then at after school care because normally I'd be working today), and DP would be at work, I planned my day... a day of complete laziness. lol.

I went and got some ingredients to make dinner with, have some TV shows ready to watch, and a little caramello koala I was going to eat while doing that. I have a junk magazine to read (mostly so I can then take it in to work, because I think our mag pile needs a re-vamp), and have a book I want to get into as well. I've set up my nail polish so I can do my nails while I watch TV, and currently have hair dye in my hair.

But now DP is coming home. He'll be home in 15 minutes. At 11am. The ONLY way I've spent my day so far is the school drop-off, laundry, some quick shopping and the hair-dye. I know that when he comes home he'll be all, "Yay, we get to spend extra time together," and I'll be all fake enthusiastic, because really, I didn't want him home... I wanted to slack off on my own!

Now I won't watch my show (or, I can... but he'll talk to me through it, or I'll have to listen to gunfire as he plays his Call of Duty or whatever, and will get annoyed). He'll notice my laziness too - and i can't slack off in quite the same way when someone is watching. I can't lie about the fact I couldn't do housework because I had a hideous headache (my go-to lie when I'm slacking off...lol). He'll KNOW!

And he'll want to watch Sons of Anarchy or something together and that's fine... but it's not Revenge or Honey Boo Boo... the junk I watch when I'm on my own. lol.

My day of bludging is ruined... go back to work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate it when that happens..

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bwahaha, DP always apologises profusely when he's home sick because he knows I love having the house to myself. Wouldn't it be awesome to have 2 houses next to each other? A bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and lounge each? Bliss!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This is an upside to not living with my dp yet, love spending time with each other but love our alone time too it's true, you just can't quite relax fully when there's someone else in the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I love alone time, although I love just as much being with DP. He goes to his mate's house on Sundays and I'm all - I'mma get chocolate, ice cream, wine and hire girly movies!! Love those nights.

We did live next door to each other for some time and I actually do know a couple who have their own homes but have been married for years. I think it's a great idea

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (18-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is one of the biggest reasons I love being single. Sorry your day was ruined!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I love alone time, although I love just as much being with DP. He goes to his mate's house on Sundays and I'm all - I'mma get chocolate, ice cream, wine and hire girly movies!! Love those nights.

We did live next door to each other for some time and I actually do know a couple who have their own homes but have been married for years. I think it's a great idea
    Hahah this would be fab! My house would be much cleaner and I'd just Shepard the kids next door ahahah!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Twoalready For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (18-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know exactly how you feel. My DH has just started a 4 on 4 off roster so is home for 4 days in a row. I love him being here and spending more time with DD, but he ask if he could come with me to mothers group... I said no, as I like have my time out from him, but I felt bad

Also cant be as lazy as I'd like when he is at home...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    This is one of the biggest reasons I love being single. Sorry your day was ruined!
    Im with you Shelle!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

shelle65  (18-03-2013)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so opposite. I hate being alone.
    DP has gone to work today after being home every day for MONTHS and I totally hate it. Its not that I want to 'do' something....just hate being alone.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (18-03-2013),cluckcluck  (18-03-2013)