Hi all! I'm new to this site and also a new mummy to my gorgeous baby boy Riley who just turned 7 weeks. The reason why I'm asking for advice is we have several issues that need ironing out. Riley is on formula due to supply issues with my breast milk.
1. I have issues getting Riley to sleep and stay asleep longer than an hour or two at anytime day or night.
2. We have follow on feeding issues that stem (I am assuming) from the little sleep he is getting, despite my constant attempts to get him to sleep. That's all I ever do if I'm not feeding him! Also he never takes the same amount each feeding and I'm worried that he isn't eating enough. Sometimes it's 40mls, sometimes it's 120mls which is also driving me bonkers because I never know how much formula to make up!
3. He won't resettle in his cot at night after his first sleep for the night, despite my attempts to settle him. (I started rocking him without knowing that he can become dependent on that to go to sleep - which he now has).
4. He won't sleep in his cot during the day and most times at night during the wee hours, he will only sleep in his baby swing in the lounge.
5. He wakes up if his dummy falls out which drives me bonkers but he won't sleep without it most times.
I feel like all I'm ever doing is feeding him or trying to get him to sleep and it's wearing me out!! We have established the bath, bottle bed routine and it's working great I just need him to resettle at night so we can both get some much needed sleep! I swaddle him at night but under the arms as he hates having his arms restricted (he squirms and wriggles and eventually cries bloody murder if I swaddle him up to his shoulders).