+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Work and Pregnancy

My Partner and I own a business together and it is quite a large business. I am the only one in the office and he has not even started looking for someone to take over my while I am off... I dont think he realises that I wont be finishing work 2 days before I am due..... and I dont think he realises that I wont be up and out of hospital the next day and back at work. I have always sworn I am going to be a stay at home mum until my kids are ready for day care and I return back to work for a couple of days a week.

Being our own business it is different but how do I tell him I am now 32 weeks pregnant EXHAUSTED before the baby is even here and I want to get things ready. I dont even have nappies or anything except the furniture. Too busy at work and weekends renovating

How do I tell him this is it. No more... time for some me time before bubs is here?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you actually talked to him before now about when you want to finish work and how long you want to stay home for? If you've already discussed it with him before now and he's not doing anything about it, start looking for your replacement yourself. Mention to him that you have started looking for someone and see what he says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Being that you're in the "office position" maybe he just thinks that you're going to find your replacement

I agree with the pp - mention that you're going to start looking for the replacement and see what he says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have spoken to him and he says that he doesnt want me to go back to work but when i explain to him that i am not going to work right up to the birth i get the right i know statement!!!!!!Ihave looked for a replacement and it is hard because my replacement will have to do and think like i do Thats the only way things bet done with him and i He needs to decide on the person also because our business is not just one where you answer the phone it is full on with the plumbers and stock and the hubbyI have been thinking about it and as some guys are like this I am just going tondivert the phone and work from homeAny stuff ups he can deal with and if it gets too much than once again he can deal with itHe understands a little bit but i dont think he undstands what its going to be like with a baby :-/