+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How many naps?

Hi, I'm just wondering how many naps your babies have? Mine will be 5 months in a week and most days only has two. The third I walk but she very rarely goes to sleep in the pram. Should I be putting her in her cot to make sure I get this third sleep? She's has about an hour in the morning then the midday sleep can vary from 40mins to 3.5hrs. Im worried that if I put her in her cot it'll just be a screaming fight. She gets overtired n falls asleep feeding at 6:30/7.
    I can't wait till she doesn't need so much sleep so I can stop stressing about it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS is 5 months and he has anywhere from 2 naps to (sometimes) 4, just depends on how long his naps are and what time he's up in the morning. He's not really on a schedule so I never know haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At that age DD1 was catnapping all day so lots of 30-40min snoozes but DD2 was doing 1-2.5hrs AM and 2-3hrs PM. That late arvo sleep was 2 in 3 days and only lasted 20min ish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 5 months and usually has 3 short naps (30-40 minutes) a day, I was stressing out because I wished he'd sleep longer during the day, but I've accepted that's how he is and am just thankful that he's such a champion sleeper at night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, do your bubs have all their sleeps in a cot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep he falls asleep being cuddled/patted and then gets put in his cot, and before that his bassinet. Sometimes he'll have a sleep on our bed in the afternoon if he's had an awful morning of catnapping (20 minute naps etc) because he'll usually sleep 2+ hours on our bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 here and bub is 5 months.

one about 9am. He wakes about 7am.

another 2 hours after his first nap.

then another 2 hours from noon nap.

His last nap ends about 530pm or I will have to wake him.

his total nap length is about 4hours each day.

if we are out and he gets broken naps he may end up having 4.

its hard to compare though cos each bub can be very different even at same age. My bub naps a lot in the day and his total sleep is about 14-15hours each day.

for me it's impt he gets a third nap or he won't last till bed time at 8-830pm. I tried letting him go to bed at 630pm with just two day naps but its hard...he wakes too many times from 630pm to 7am next day.

oh my bub naps in his cot and goes in awake. If we are out his naps are in car or pram. I do try to keep as much sleep in cot as possible cos that's the hardest to train. Car and pram have motion but cot he has to kinda self settle.
    Last edited by Mom2TwoDSs; 19-03-2013 at 08:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stac84 View Post
    Thanks, do your bubs have all their sleeps in a cot?
    Nope. I don't enforce day naps in the cot till 6mths onwards and then only for the afternoon sleep.

Under 6mths they sleep in my arms, car seat, pram, bassinet, cot, carrier etc.

Both my girls are pretty good sleepers now DD2 is 9mths and has a 1hr AM sleep and a 2-3hr PM sleep. DD1 is 2.5yrs and sleeps 2hrs everyday. Both sleep 11hrs overnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS had the same sleeps at that age and still does at 9 months. Morning sleep of about an hour (often less) and then 30-40 mins in the arvo.

Unfortunately some bubs are just less sleepy in the day than others! Sucks though.

I also put DS down at 6.30 as he really needs to sleep by then. He sleeps pretty well at night. I usually have to get up once and sometimes twice, but no feed required.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The little man has between 3 and 4 naps during the day. They range in length from 40 mins to 3 hours. Generally speaking though he'll do a couple of 45 minute to 1 hour naps and a longer 2 - 2.5 hour nap. Other days he likes doing a couple of 1.5 hour naps and one 2 hour one. All up his day naps are totalling around 4 to 5 hours (he wakes around 7-8am and goes to bed at 8pm - at the moment he is waking a lot over night, but from what I can see thats just par for course at this stage! He's 4.5 months).

Oh, and 80 to 90% of his day sleeps are in the cot. The rest are in the car if he's fallen asleep on the way to or from an outing or he's being hell child and wont go to sleep