+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Easter

What are you organizing from the bunny this year?

( DISCLAIMER: We are not religious so it's purely a bunny thing here and time with family I hope this doesn't offend)

I decided no more mountains of chocolate that are more for show off at school (quantity not quality) kind of thing

So this year the bunny has bought a small basket and that will have some goodies (good quality rather then the gross cheap chocolate)

And from us we have bought them each a pair of pajamas a pair of shoes(which they do actually need) and non edible Easter goodies such as bunny ears colouring in book etc.

How about your family?

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm the bunny at my house but my little sister is almost 13 so it's kinda no fun anymore because I know she's humouring me so last year I made it super hard (the egg hunt) and everyone got to get involved. My nieces and nephews are all young so maybe I should crash one if their houses I love the magicalness of a bunny leaving eggs can't wait till I have kids that can enjoy it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (17-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For years I freaked out about NOT TOO MUCH CHOCOLATE! NO JUNK FOOD!!! and did easter egg hunts with toys or party favours inside plastic eggs.
    But now, with a 5 year old and a baby and a few pretty life changing experiences behind us, this year we are are going old school.

Ive got lots of good quality choccy bunnies to hide and the easter hunt will be him finding chocolate, probably eating too much of it but hey, its once a year

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (17-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are getting 2.5 year old DD a toy cash register as she loves playing shop, some winter pj's and slippers and probably 1 egg. I know the inlaws will go crazy giving her heaps of chocolate which she definitely doesn't need so we are sticking with things she actually wants and needs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh and definitely doing an egg hunt for her this year, I'm super excited for that lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We do an egg hunt in the yard ( mixture of different size eggs) and a toy at the end ( probably a dinosaur as he is in to them at the moment!) he's not a huge chocolate fan so the ones from the hunt will be plenty , mum and dad get him a book and in laws get him pajamas

we are starting a new tradition this year, similar to Santa we are leaving the Easter bunny some carrots and a glass of juice and ill make a bunny feet trail from stencils and sift flour over the top plus we are making bunny cookies the night before!

My family will come over here Easter Sunday to watch DS hunt for eggs - we are definitely not christian but we love the fun of the bunny and Im making an Easter Brunch tradition also this year so am on the lookout for cool brunch ideas that i can cook and make every Easter!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We will have two egg hunts, one in the morning from the Easter bunny just for DS and in the afternoon one for my nieces and him.

We will give him chocolate, we do not adhere to a strict diet just moderation for him, but we will limit how many he gets so it is not over the top. We decided today to also add in a couple of toys as he will get more pleasure out of them than alot of chocolate (and saves me the temptation of eating them when he doesn't!)

My family will come over for lunch, we live near the beach so we may wander down there as well.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I hate how long the chocolate lasts. DS seems to get too much and it takes FOREVER to get eaten...so for the next at least 6 months its "can I have an easter egg?" every day, a few times a day

This year he is getting less. A bag of small eggs and a couple of bigger ones which will all be put out for the hunt and then must be eaten within a week so I dont have to hear about it for the rest of the year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a few eggs, hunting eggs, a bunny and Humpty Dumpty hunting eggs. I know dd2 won't eat as much (I will ) but both dd's get the same to save jealousy/favouritism. I thought about gifts but DH said its about eggs lol..!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mixture of coins in plastic eggs and some choocy but not too much... Not because i care that they will have too much, butbecause i know ill end up eating it when they are in bed and then trying to replace it will end up costing a fortune..