+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    I'll take one thing at a time here.

Ok. Lets have a look at sea temperatures.

Attachment 34553
    How about instead of just posting images, you also include the link to your sources so that we can all see where you choose to get your info (being that your other links have been from the daily mail and herald sun).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (06-04-2013),Busy-Bee  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    How about instead of just posting images, you also include the link to your sources so that we can all see where you choose to get your info (being that your other links have been from the daily mail and herald sun).
    Well Kirst33. Both those images clearly had the source of the information labelled on it. There are plenty of links out there to them. I thought it best to show the image from the source. This also helps prevent the standard ad hom attack against any commentator, as there is no commentary. Just the facts.
    If you would like more info on global SST you will find a great deal of current and up to date graphs and charts on this site. Again, there is no commentary. Just facts.
    http://wattsupwiththat.com/reference...na-pages/enso/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Trying to argue climate change with Father, is like trying to argue fluoride with Steve, or Vaccinations with Meryl Dorey. Why would you even bother.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (06-04-2013),Busy-Bee  (06-04-2013),SJG  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Trying to argue climate change with Father, is like trying to argue fluoride with Steve, or Vaccinations with Meryl Dorey. Why would you even bother.
    That is a very constructive comment Beebs. Would you rather discuss me, or climate change?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Just want to post this again for those who missed it! Fantastic

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/39128.html

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

beebs  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would be all for discussing climate change, but it is clear that you are not interested in discussing anything. What you are doing, is cherry picking data, and trying to convince everyone how right you are and how wrong 95% of the words climate scientists are.

That is a very constructive comment Beebs. Would you rather discuss me, or climate change?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    An important aspect as to why there has been such interest in the lack of warming for the last 16 years or so, is that this puts the current temperature outside of the range that the IPCC originally expected - despite their large error bars.
    Nicola Scafetta PhD, shows this clearly in the below graph.
    figure_thumb.jpg
    A link to his peer reviewed paper here for Kirst (and others).
    http://arxiv.org/pdf/1201.1301v1.pdf

So no. This was not expected from the 'climate scientists'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I would be all for discussing climate change, but it is clear that you are not interested in discussing anything. What you are doing, is cherry picking data, and trying to convince everyone how right you are and how wrong 95% of the words climate scientists are.
    Why don't you discuss something about climate change then? Do you still think the Earth has been warming for the last 16 years?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Why do you keep going on about 16 years? You need at least, at the very, very least 30 years to estimate on climate. The way you keep going on about 16 years makes it very clear to me that you don't actually know anything about it, you want me to discuss this with you? Then go and do a bit of reading - from reliable source -not one of your denialist websites. And then we will talk.

Why don't you discuss something about climate change then? Do you still think the Earth has been warming for the last 16 years?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For me, I take back my previous concession. After observing 'The Escalator' this morning I think there has definitely been a trend the past 16 years (and more). But, like I stated before and Beebs states above, you need more than 16 years to observe a trend in the climate, and more than just temperature observations.

For me, skeptics really get my goat as the environment is a cause I'm very passionate about and skeptics are dangerous as they try to convince other people its not happening and in turn take part in slowly destroying the Earth. I don't know about you but I want to live in a world where my children or grandchildren, should they choose to be so adventurous, can see a polar bear or a penguin (and various other animals) in some place other than the zoo.

A trend I am noticing is that apparently Father's links are the only ones that are factually correct. Apparently any other links or data that are posted (unless they agree with Fathers views) are not factually correct.

Like I said in my previous post, there are various other topics in the world, that seem like common sense to the rest of us, that will always have skeptics and they will always have their data (the NRA, again, is a perfect example of this).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (06-04-2013)