Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Or choose not to acknowledge facts at all
    Like your pal Roy Spencer.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-06-2013),beebs  (17-06-2013),Clementine Grace  (17-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    If you are using the APP, which I do, it does not show an edit note. I believe there was a graph at post 76. I am sure there are more, that one was just the easiest to find.
    Well. You can check them on a computer if you doubt me.
    No, I didn't provide a link at post 76 as the source was actually on the image. It was from the Economist of March 30.

Link here if you couldn't find it yourself.
    http://www.economist.com/news/scienc...-gas-emissions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like your pal Roy Spencer.
    Which facts does Roy Spencer not acknowledge?

Thanks
    Reviews
    There were more after 76. I'm not going to re-check, I know others will agree that throughout this whole thread you have often not included links. It is important to have the links (whether the original source is included on the graph) to read the context it which it was used.

Why do you not have this debate on a science forum? Like another posted, I find it perplexing that you want people on a parenting forum to interpret and explain complex scientific findings. We have all explained our stance and that we prefer to trust the majority of the worlds leading scientists. Why do you insist on beating a dead horse? Nobody new has participated in this thread to provide you a fresh view to debate or agree with.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-06-2013),Clementine Grace  (17-06-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (17-06-2013),orlyon  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is important to have the links (whether the original source is included on the graph) to read the context it which it was used.
    I agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Your definition of 'cherry-picking' is a concern....

Just as the models which predict a global warming of about 5 degree Celsius by 2100 have been shown already to be wrong and are not being modified to correct for their shortcomings.
    I don't know if it is considered cherry picking, or just plain wrong, but the models are definitely being updated and improved. As I'm sure you are aware, that that is how science works afterall. Page 12 of this reports give an easy to understand overview of how the models are updated, with references for further reading if you want more details.
    http://www.garnautreview.org.au/upda...ate-change.pdf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg2 View Post
    I don't know if it is considered cherry picking, or just plain wrong, but the models are definitely being updated and improved. As I'm sure you are aware, that that is how science works afterall. Page 12 of this reports give an easy to understand overview of how the models are updated, with references for further reading if you want more details. http://www.garnautreview.org.au/upda...ate-change.pdf
    That really didn't say too much regarding the updating of models. Garnaut himself was using 2007 projections for his 2011 report. And according to him, that won't be updated until 2013. I look forward to seeing them! He also mentions the 2014 release of the next IPCC Assessment Report. I have already provided the graph regarding the models from the not yet released IPCC report. It actually highlights how badly they have been at updating the models. Here it is again. IPCC-5-1.jpg Is that really the best they can do? I hope they update their graph to include the data from 2012 and 2013.
    Last edited by Father; 17-06-2013 at 19:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why do you not have this debate on a science forum? Like another posted, I find it perplexing that you want people on a parenting forum to interpret and explain complex scientific findings. We have all explained our stance and that we prefer to trust the majority of the worlds leading scientists. Why do you insist on beating a dead horse? Nobody new has participated in this thread to provide you a fresh view to debate or agree with.
    i find this very perplexing as well. This is a parenting forum? Yes there are threads, such as this one up for discussion but the bulk of people on here participate in threads related to children and parenting. Maybe you should as suggested, debate it on a science forum.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-06-2013)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    From my point of view, issues regarding what is happening with the changes with our world is very relevant to our offspring, and therefore relevant to be posted here, for people interested in how climate change science impacts future views.

This thread may have well run it's course, and there may be some more relevant threads which should spin off from this, however, I will not close this thread as I've had an active part in this thread.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Although I see your point Peg, I still think we all have a valid point in wondering why Father doesn't ask this on a science forum where he is more likely to get people qualified to answer his questions? It is kind of going beyond a normal debate/discussion.

I would love it to be looked into about being able to delete threads from our participated tab on the APP. I do understand we can't delete our participation, but it'd be nice to be able to 'hide' threads we've participated in if we would like to try and ignore them. A good hypothetical example would be if we participate in a pregnancy thread but then suffer a loss, it'd be great to be able to hide that thread and not have it always pop to the top to remind us.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-06-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (18-06-2013)