+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    I'll post the May update in a week.
    Oh yeah! (I say sarcastically). Please keep posting! I love opening my app and seeing once again this thread at the top of my list!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    Global warming is happening! That's the point! But we all also understand that the scientists look at so much more than temps and are drawing the conclusion that we are causing detrimental change.
    Ok. I see that you don't like talking about temperatures. We have gone through temperatures, floods, droughts, cyclones, tornadoes, and bushfires. What else are the enlightened looking at?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They look at everything; flora and fauna changes, soil, acidity in the ocean, etc. that is what I mean...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes.

Whilst you 'may be inclined' to not see a trend, scientists do see a trend. A trend of cooling (or a decline in temperatures) during that period.
    You are missing the point. I'm not disputing the fact that there may be other evidence to show cooling during that period. But that graph doesn't show it.

Just so I know we are talking about the same thing. You see a clear downward trend in this figure? This is the section that we are talking about from the figure that Bec posted. bubhub.jpg
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    They look at everything; flora and fauna changes, soil, acidity in the ocean, etc. that is what I mean...
    Acidity - Yes. There are changes in the ph of the oceans and CO2 concentrations and temperature will effect this.

But,
    Flora and fauna - what changes are they looking at? Changes due to temperature?
    Soil - what changes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg2 View Post
    Just so I know we are talking about the same thing. You see a clear downward trend in this figure?
    Yes.
    Trend lines are not drawn by joining the start and the end with a straight line.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Acidity - Yes. There are changes in the ph of the oceans and CO2 concentrations and temperature will effect this.

But,
    Flora and fauna - what changes are they looking at? Changes due to temperature?
    Soil - what changes?
    Just a heads up, there are flora and fauna in the ocean too. Good to hear that you acknowledge ocean acidification. Invertebrates with a hard exoskeleton can't develope their shells as effectively in a lower pH environment, therefore they have a higher mortality rate. Being near the bottom of the food chain as they are, this had some pretty large ramifications for the marine ecosystem, which in turn impacts fisheries' revenue.

God, I can't believe I'm getting dragged into this thread. Must pull myself away and actually do some work.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Meg2 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes.
    Trend lines are not drawn by joining the start and the end with a straight line.
    I didn't drawn a trend line. As I said this was cut from the original plot - that line was 0 temp anomaly. You need to stop and think before you make comments about plots, they are not always as easy to understand as you think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't say soil had changes (although I'm sure there has been), I said its one of the things they use to study what is happening. It's the second largest pool of carbon after the ocean.

We are not just trying to decrease temps we are also trying to decrease carbon. But oh yeah, flora needs carbon so it must be ok that we're emitting vast amounts!!!

Do I really need to answer the question about the impact on flora and fauna? A simple google search answers that very quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg2 View Post
    I didn't drawn a trend line. As I said this was cut from the original plot - that line was 0 temp anomaly. You need to stop and think before you make comments about plots, they are not always as easy to understand as you think.
    As I said. Yes. I can see a negative trend in that graph. You can have a play with the actual trend lines if you like here.
    http://www.skepticalscience.com/trend.php
    There was global cooling for 3 decades between 1940 and 1970.
    Enough that scientists were concerned.
    These articles are quite entertaining when you read them now.
    http://www.bishop-hill.net/blog/2013...-alarmism.html