+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg2 View Post
    And now you are suggesting that we compare a graph on the scale of hundreds of thousands of years with a one that covers 100 years? Do you really think that you can pick out the last decade and a half from the CO2 graph that starts 400,000 years ago? Come on.
    I have posted many graphs on this thread Meg.
    CO2 has been increasing over the last decade and half hasn't it.
    The temperature during that time has not changed.
    If you would like me to post a CO2 graph with a 100 year period, let me know. The result would be the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clearly shows a decline between 40s and 70s??? I'd be more inclined to say that there is no particular trend evident in that time frame. Seriously Father, where on earth did you learn to read graphs? In multiple threads your interpretation of graphs has been questionable.
    I'll ask you, what happened to the temperature between 1940 and 1970?
    Are you aware that there were scientists during that period suggesting that we were headed for global cooling.

It wasn't a trick question. Scientists have a theory as to what caused that cooling.
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/...e-warming.html

The fact that you chose to ignore the clear fact rather than actually look into the reason behind that cooling speaks volumes.
    Or do you think that the above article is wrong about the cooling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    I have posted many graphs on this thread Meg.
    CO2 has been increasing over the last decade and half hasn't it.
    The temperature during that time has not changed.
    If you would like me to post a CO2 graph with a 100 year period, let me know. The result would be the same.
    No, please no more graphs!!

I would just like to see a bit more rigour in your interpretation of that graphs that you and others are posting.

ETA. I'm not really interested in discussing the minutia of climate fluctuations with you. We have both admitted that we are not climate scientists, so it's best to leave the in depth analysis to them.
    Last edited by Meg2; 28-05-2013 at 11:32.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meg2 For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (28-05-2013),Clementine Grace  (28-05-2013),Kirst33  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would just like to see a bit more rigour in your interpretation of that graphs that you and others are posting.
    So I mention a cooling period that you immediately deduce has no trend, and you want me to have more rigour?

Which graphs, may I ask, have I not interpreted correctly? I would love to discuss your different interpretations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For the love of Pete! Do not let the wool be pulled over your eyes people! As many of us have pointed out many times, with the help of articles from places like NASA, NOAA and more--temperatures are not the only thing that matters in the argument of climate change. So much more matters! Refer back earlier in the thread to several postings by many of us pointing this out (with articles by various agencies as proof).

You can post graphs of temperature until you're blue in the face but that does not take away from the fact that when all these scientists review ALL their research (not just temps) they come to the conclusion that humans are doing irreparable damage to the Earth with detrimental consequences.

But as Father said a few pages back 'we can just adapt.' Yes, humans can and will adapt. But see, many of us care about all the other species around the world that won't be able to adapt. We're not the only ones on this Earth.

Will this thread ever die? I've never come across anyone so desperate to be right and have the last word.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    temperatures are not the only thing that matters in the argument of climate change.

'Global warming'. What does that mean?
    Our emissions policies are all structured around attempting to minimise the temperature increase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not really interested in discussing the minutia of climate fluctuations with you. We have both admitted that we are not climate scientists, so it's best to leave the in depth analysis to them.
    No worries. If you don't want to discuss it, then don't post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post

'Global warming'. What does that mean?
    Our emissions policies are all structured around attempting to minimise the temperature increase.
    Global warming speaks of temps, climate change speaks of it all.

Again though, temps aren't the only thing that matter. They look at every change in the environment and determine that it is happening.

We can argue this over and over in circles, we have already. We obviously view it all differently. I see something completely different from you when I look at the graphs of temps, I see an upward trend, you do not.

I've said before, I'll trust NASA's interpretation of the data. I believe I've posted their explanation on the temps before. Read back for an interesting read.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Bet you many in this thread feel like this .....

Sent from my PP4MT-7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    Global warming speaks of temps, climate change speaks of it all.

Again though, temps aren't the only thing that matter. They look at every change in the environment and determine that it is happening.
    So what is the government actually trying to do to stop 'climate change', if it is not about trying to minimise the increase in temperature?