+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    Didn't you quote HadCrut earlier (the Met) but are now saying they're wrong? Are they wrong or right???

“When we look at air temperature and other indicators of climate, we see highs and lows in the data from year to year because of natural variability. Understanding climate change requires looking at the longer-term record. When we follow decade-to-decade trends using multiple data sets and independent analyses from around the world, we see clear and unmistakable signs of a warming world.”
    The HadCrut dataset is fine. The Met's comments about Rose's piece had errors.

The World has been warming since the 1700's. I am not saying that it hasn't warmed, just that the warming has stopped and now puts the current temperature no-where near where the models say that the temperature should be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you not think the goal post shifts because they are constantly learning new things about our environment and the consequences of our lifestyles? Like I quoted a couple days ago, the Earth is not a test tube.
    I would love if that was the case. I would love to read a statement from NOAA along the lines of:
    '5 years ago, we said that 15 years of no warming would show a major discrepancy in the models. But since then, we have learnt......'

This would be at least admitting to their error. What has changed to make their 15 year goalpost shift to the right? No-one knows. They haven't said anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The facts are that more than one of the four agencies that keep track of the climate are telling us that more than just air temps matter in determining global warming. They are also telling us that global warming is CONTINUING to happen and that it is detrimental to the Earth. Those are the FACTS.

But yes, of course, Father is the only one that knows best. He is smarter than anyone at NOAA and NASA and a majority of scientists around the world. Lets all ignore their conclusions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post

The World has been warming since the 1700's. I am not saying that it hasn't warmed, just that the warming has stopped and now puts the current temperature no-where near where the models say that the temperature should be.

The world has not stopped warming!! It's like you live in a bubble where you can only hear your voice.

All four agencies are telling you it's warming (I believe I posted a link a while ago confirming the Japanese agency agrees as well).

You continue to live in your conspiracy theory bubble believe you're the only one who is right and the rest of us will continue on in the real world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The facts are that more than one of the four agencies that keep track of the climate are telling us that more than just air temps matter in determining global warming. They are also telling us that global warming is CONTINUING to happen and that it is detrimental to the Earth. Those are the FACTS.
    Sorry, I'm confused at what you are saying here. It is a prediction of future warming, or a statement of previous warming? What do you mean by 'continuing to happen'?

Do you think that the warming has not paused for the last 15 years or so?
    Would you trust it if the head of the IPCC said it had?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, I'm confused at what you are saying here. It is a prediction of future warming, or a statement of previous warming? What do you mean by 'continuing to happen'?
    That is has been warming the past 15/16 years, so therefore has never stopped but continuing (past, present, and predictions for the future).

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is has been warming the past 15/16 years, so therefore has never stopped but continuing (past, present, and predictions for the future).
    So you now are disagreeing with with just about every scientist in the world, including the head of the IPCC? They have all acknowledged that fact, just not very openly. Would you like some names in addition to the head of the IPCC?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So you now are disagreeing with with just about every scientist in the world, including the head of the IPCC? They have all acknowledged that fact, just not very openly. Would you like some names in addition to the head of the IPCC?
    I'm not disagreeing, I'm agreeing with NASA and NOAA. And I understand that temps are not the only thing that matter in determining global warming.

I've found the IPCC comments, he says temps have plateaued but that it does not disprove global warming, that you need more than 16 years, that they care about the trend:

'Dr Pachauri said global average temperatures had plateaued at record levels and that the halt did not disprove global warming.

“The climate is changing because of natural factors and the impact of human actions,” Dr Pachauri said.

“If you look at temperatures going back 150 years, there are clearly fluctuations which have occurred largely as a result of natural factors: solar activity, volcanic activity and so on.

“What is quite perceptible is, in the last 50 years, the trend is upwards.

“This is not to say you won’t have ups and downs – you will – but what we should be concerned about is the trend, and that is being influenced now to a large extent by human actions.”

He said that it would be 30 to 40 years “at least” before it was possible to say that the long-term upward trend in global temperatures had been broken.'

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not disagreeing, I'm agreeing with NASA and NOAA. And I understand that temps are not the only thing that matter in determining global warming.

I've found the IPCC comments, he says temps have plateaued but that it does not disprove global warming, that you need more than 16 years, that they care about the trend:
    So do you agree with the IPCC that the temps have plateaued then?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Forget warming just for a second. What about the severity of weather, severe storms, tornados (ffs), hail, flooding, in Australia. And severe and longer winters in the nothern hemisphere. Do you think that has absolutley nothing to do with climate change either?

Well. As my last post indicated, most of the datasets show that it is more than 16 years, with RSS showing no statistically significant warming for 23 years.

This cannot be ignored. Kirst's beloved escalator shows periods of less than 10 years of no warming in the last few decades. But none have been so long as the current pause.

I will remind you what the experts were saying just 5 years ago.

http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/c...008-lo-rez.pdf
    Page 23.

So, according to NOAA, there is a discrepancy with the expected warming rate. It just so happens, that the goalposts have now moved again and this previous statement is expected to be ignored. Who is the denier?
    How long with no warming will it take for the 'consensus' to go back to the table for a vote?
    Maybe Kirst can put a year (this thread may well still be going) so the goalposts don't shift any further.