+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 613
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,431
    Thanks
    1,018
    Thanked
    2,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    You can trust him if you like. The UK education system doesn't.
    I find it interesting that a common comment when referring to skeptics is: "he is not a climate scientist". But yet, trust Al Gore???

    A question for you. Which dataset was her referring to with his statements on that link? I would not disagree with those statements either, but not all datasets say the same thing.

    I'll say it again. My 10 tallest years have all happened in the last decade! I must still be getting taller.
    Can i ask you a question as well before i head off. Are you a statistician? Or do you have a scientific background in this field? i'd be very interested to know as your posts come across quite close minded as though you have been working and studying in this field for many years and you are absolutely certain you are right?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,431
    Thanks
    1,018
    Thanked
    2,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Ok.

    A simple. Drier, wetter, hotter, colder, more cyclones, more meteorites would have been sufficient.
    Each of these happen to not be unusual at all.
    Its a little bit more complicated than year 7 science class i'm afraid.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,272
    Thanks
    946
    Thanked
    1,022
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I'm not British, I'm an American expat. No, you're right he's not a scientist, that doesn't mean he doesn't have scientists working with him or that there is no validity. He's chosen to be an advocate of this cause. I'm sure you can find on the website where they get their data. I'm off to dinner.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Can i ask you a question as well before i head off. Are you a statistician? Or do you have a scientific background in this field? i'd be very interested to know as your posts come across quite close minded as though you have been working and studying in this field for many years and you are absolutely certain you are right?
    Does it change the facts?
    No, I am not certain. The science is definitely not settled. But the evidence is mounting up against the theory.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,431
    Thanks
    1,018
    Thanked
    2,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Does it change the facts?
    No, I am not certain. The science is definitely not settled. But the evidence is mounting up against the theory.
    I wasn't referring to any fact's i was referring to the way you present your argument and the tone of your writing. I see it quite often.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I wasn't referring to any fact's i was referring to the way you present your argument and the tone of your writing. I see it quite often.
    Would you rather discuss my writing tone or the facts of how long it has been with no statistically significant warming?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,431
    Thanks
    1,018
    Thanked
    2,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Would you rather discuss my writing tone or the facts of how long it has been with no statistically significant warming?
    I thought perhaps you had some real life or professional experience in this field which would answer why your views are so direct.

    Neither thanks, i'm off for dinner. running away i suppose

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I thought perhaps you had some real life or professional experience in this field which would answer why your views are so direct.

    Neither thanks, i'm off for dinner. running away i suppose
    If that makes you feel better. Enjoy your dinner.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under the sea
    Posts
    2,602
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked
    155
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Who has talked about being wasteful, polluting and cutting down rainforest? There was not a mention of any of them in the article - yet you call it 'stupid' because of it????
    From the title of your thread and the article I thought the reason for "climate change" would be pretty important guess percents and graphs are more important than reason.
    You also asked someone else what they expected from the pain of being green so I was just stating my POV that the article was BS and just trying to justify being wasteful by blaming government for $$$$ power.
    Why not accept the fact that our wasteful ways need to stop rather than complaining about $$$$ either we pay now and try to change or the coming generations pay, I know I'd rather try now.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy cheeks View Post
    From the title of your thread and the article I thought the reason for "climate change" would be pretty important guess percents and graphs are more important than reason.
    You also asked someone else what they expected from the pain of being green so I was just stating my POV that the article was BS and just trying to justify being wasteful by blaming government for $$$$ power.
    Why not accept the fact that our wasteful ways need to stop rather than complaining about $$$$ either we pay now and try to change or the coming generations pay, I know I'd rather try now.
    I don't quite understand what you are saying. Where did the cutting down of the rainforests come from?

    Who is being wasteful? I'm not. Waste costs money.
    Nowhere in the article did they talk about anyone being wasteful.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Vanuatu - Great or not so great?
    By Clarabelle in forum Destination Suggestions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29-10-2012, 10:56
  2. Green poop
    By Alphabetsoup in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-05-2012, 20:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Super soft, fun prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton plus non-toxic wooden toys. • Hypoallergenic - perfect for eczema relief • Everything needed to shop for a baby shower • 10% off + FREE gift with purchase. Use code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Maternity Clothes
Looking to buy maternity clothes? :: Check the bubhub directory of local & online maternity clothes shops :: Find preloved maternity wear
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!