+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    You can trust him if you like. The UK education system doesn't.
    I find it interesting that a common comment when referring to skeptics is: "he is not a climate scientist". But yet, trust Al Gore???

A question for you. Which dataset was her referring to with his statements on that link? I would not disagree with those statements either, but not all datasets say the same thing.

I'll say it again. My 10 tallest years have all happened in the last decade! I must still be getting taller.
    Can i ask you a question as well before i head off. Are you a statistician? Or do you have a scientific background in this field? i'd be very interested to know as your posts come across quite close minded as though you have been working and studying in this field for many years and you are absolutely certain you are right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok.

A simple. Drier, wetter, hotter, colder, more cyclones, more meteorites would have been sufficient.
    Each of these happen to not be unusual at all.
    Its a little bit more complicated than year 7 science class i'm afraid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I'm not British, I'm an American expat. No, you're right he's not a scientist, that doesn't mean he doesn't have scientists working with him or that there is no validity. He's chosen to be an advocate of this cause. I'm sure you can find on the website where they get their data. I'm off to dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Can i ask you a question as well before i head off. Are you a statistician? Or do you have a scientific background in this field? i'd be very interested to know as your posts come across quite close minded as though you have been working and studying in this field for many years and you are absolutely certain you are right?
    Does it change the facts?
    No, I am not certain. The science is definitely not settled. But the evidence is mounting up against the theory.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does it change the facts?
    No, I am not certain. The science is definitely not settled. But the evidence is mounting up against the theory.
    I wasn't referring to any fact's i was referring to the way you present your argument and the tone of your writing. I see it quite often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't referring to any fact's i was referring to the way you present your argument and the tone of your writing. I see it quite often.
    Would you rather discuss my writing tone or the facts of how long it has been with no statistically significant warming?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would you rather discuss my writing tone or the facts of how long it has been with no statistically significant warming?
    I thought perhaps you had some real life or professional experience in this field which would answer why your views are so direct.

Neither thanks, i'm off for dinner. running away i suppose

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought perhaps you had some real life or professional experience in this field which would answer why your views are so direct.

Neither thanks, i'm off for dinner. running away i suppose
    If that makes you feel better. Enjoy your dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who has talked about being wasteful, polluting and cutting down rainforest? There was not a mention of any of them in the article - yet you call it 'stupid' because of it????
    From the title of your thread and the article I thought the reason for "climate change" would be pretty important guess percents and graphs are more important than reason.
    You also asked someone else what they expected from the pain of being green so I was just stating my POV that the article was BS and just trying to justify being wasteful by blaming government for $$$$ power.
    Why not accept the fact that our wasteful ways need to stop rather than complaining about $$$$ either we pay now and try to change or the coming generations pay, I know I'd rather try now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy cheeks View Post
    From the title of your thread and the article I thought the reason for "climate change" would be pretty important guess percents and graphs are more important than reason.
    You also asked someone else what they expected from the pain of being green so I was just stating my POV that the article was BS and just trying to justify being wasteful by blaming government for $$$$ power.
    Why not accept the fact that our wasteful ways need to stop rather than complaining about $$$$ either we pay now and try to change or the coming generations pay, I know I'd rather try now.
    I don't quite understand what you are saying. Where did the cutting down of the rainforests come from?

Who is being wasteful? I'm not. Waste costs money.
    Nowhere in the article did they talk about anyone being wasteful.