+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Thanks for the input. It says something about the topic. When one wants to discuss facts, the other runs away. It only seems to happen in one direction though

Thanks for your limited input.
    One is not running away, one is unwell with a high risk pregnancy so doesn't have the energy and brain power to engage in what i can see will be a long winded debate. I discuss these issues very often in a professional capacity and I can see where this debate is headed, and i don't have the energy.

I'm not sure what "facts" you really want. There are facts all over the place if you know where to look for them. The environment and it's ecosystem's are a varied and complex thing and if you think spouting a few figures that you've pulled of a website make you well educated on the issue then I beg to differ. Land managers, climate scientists, biologists, riverine experts, marine biologist's must all be wrong when they feel the need to write into almost all environmental and natural resource management plans and guidelines, how to mitigate against the effects of climate change.

As i said though, perhaps others will discuss it with you. And give you some facts that you don't already know from google.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 18-03-2013 at 17:31.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (18-03-2013),RobinSparkles  (18-03-2013),Rutabaga  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This article is stupid any person with half a brain knows being wasteful, polluting and cutting down rainforest is not going to end well take a look at the smog (and associated respiratory issues) in some parts of china.
    What do I hope to achieve from high prices and energy efficient power less waste of a valuable resource, people are greedy and we waste a lot more than we need so if higher prices mean people are more considerate then so be it I will wear it.
    I want my kids and future generation to have a sustainable planet to live on and not an industrial smoggy tip like some parts of the world are.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sandy cheeks For This Useful Post:

Kirst33  (18-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a fan of Al Gore's https://www.realitydrop.org/ (and your Daily Mail article is there getting dropped!) and his http://climaterealityproject.org/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    I meant I can't be bothered with your 'facts' and am happy with where I get my information, as you seem to be happy where you get yours.
    I'm sorry, but facts are facts. There is no "your" facts.

I have stated that there has been no statistically significant warming for at least the past 16 years. That is a fact.

Do you have any evidence to refute this fact?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy cheeks View Post
    This article is stupid any person with half a brain knows being wasteful, polluting and cutting down rainforest is not going to end well
    Who has talked about being wasteful, polluting and cutting down rainforest? There was not a mention of any of them in the article - yet you call it 'stupid' because of it????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I'm not sure what "facts" you really want.
    I asked you what weather patterns have 'changed'?
    And what change in temperature are you referring? 0.03 degrees in the last decade?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You obviously didn't click on the reality drop. Here's a fact from there: '2005 was hotter than 1998, and the ten hottest years on record have occurred in the last 15 years. http://clmtr.lt/cb/p7B'. The 'reality drop' is that the Daily Mail article is based on the myth that it hasn't warmed since 1998.

And if you don't want to click on that link here's a blurb: 'As our climate changes, some years will be warmer than others. Yes, 1998 was unusually warm (partly it was a strong El Niño year). But overall, 2005 and 2010 which were tied for the warmest years on record, globally were both hotter. Scientists have observed rising temperatures, rising sea levels, melting glaciers, melting Arctic sea ice, and increased humidity over the last several decades. The full range of available data from 1880 conclusively shows the world is warming. And we can expect that trend to continue as long as humans send carbon pollution into the atmosphere.'

I trust Al Gore and the scientists he works with, I think he does great work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    I asked you what weather patterns have 'changed'?
    And what change in temperature are you referring? 0.03 degrees in the last decade?
    I don't have enough time to go through in detail the observed change in weather patterns in australia over the last 30 years and it's impact on ecosystems and plants and wildlife. I would also be wasting my breath.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 18-03-2013 at 17:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    I trust Al Gore and the scientists he works with, I think he does great work.
    You can trust him if you like. The UK education system doesn't.
    I find it interesting that a common comment when referring to skeptics is: "he is not a climate scientist". But yet, trust Al Gore???

A question for you. Which dataset was her referring to with his statements on that link? I would not disagree with those statements either, but not all datasets say the same thing.

I'll say it again. My 10 tallest years have all happened in the last decade! I must still be getting taller.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I don't have enough time to go through in detail the observed change in weather patterns in australia over the last 30 years and it's impact on ecosystems and plants and wildlife. I would also be wasting my breath.
    Ok.

A simple. Drier, wetter, hotter, colder, more cyclones, more meteorites would have been sufficient.
    Each of these happen to not be unusual at all.