+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She explained that she is a scientist who works in the field of endangered species....

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnor View Post
    Not what I am saying at all. As a kid I was always worried about the animals dying/pollution etc. I was always picking up rubbish and cutting up dads beer can thingies. But it never felt like a burden I had to carry, because I was focused on all the things that I could do and fueled a passion to make change. Most of the people I work with/ studied with were little greenies long before high school.

My son is currently worried about people dying so I imagine we will be crossing this bridge in a few years

I still don't think you get it (maybe you do and I just have a really sensitive child). Primary school age kids learn a lot about the health of our planet - far beyond what I knew as a child. I had access to encycolpedias that were usually out of date. And a show called behind the news. And that was about it. These days the environment message underlines almost everything they do. That's great, it's wonderful.

She's in girl guides and they do lots of environmental stuff there. She recycles everything she can. She collects garbage everywhere we go (and I mean everywhere).

But as a child it's hard for her to see how small changes can make a big difference when the message is still climate change and global warming, and animals on the verge of extinction.

It's great she's so aware, and we're obviously proud of her. I just wish she didn't have to worry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    What I do or who I know is irrelevant. Qualifications do not change facts.
    However, one saying that I have seen 'stuff', but then not saying what the 'stuff' is, is pretty weird. I find it amazing that she has seen first hand the effect of 'climate change', but fails to explain how.
    I find it really weird that you're so adamant about not divulging your situation. Until then I shall assume you mop decks on a navy ship and are friends with the channel 7 weather guy. All this thread has done is educate me further in the belief of climate change and global warming and its repercussions. As I think it has most who have followed along. Maybe that was your goal this whole time! To pretend you lack common sense in order to educate the masses! Bravo! Let's call it a night, mission accomplished!
    Last edited by Kirst33; 06-04-2013 at 22:48.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (06-04-2013),giggle berry  (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    What I do or who I know is irrelevant. Qualifications do not change facts.
    However, one saying that I have seen 'stuff', but then not saying what the 'stuff' is, is pretty weird. I find it amazing that she has seen first hand the effect of 'climate change', but fails to explain how.
    The irony!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnor View Post
    She explained that she is a scientist who works in the field of endangered species....
    And?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    Maybe that was your goal this whole time! To pretend you lack common sense in order to educate that masses! Bravo! Let's call it a night, mission accomplished!
    He not that smrt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah. I guess we need to keep that sort of info under wraps. We can't have people knowing what species are being affected by climate change.
    It must be some amazing research.
    Well actually, yes. Unpublished data is simply that. If you do some real research, read some scientific journals published in this country you'd be surprised at what you'll find.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can make a general statement about what I have seen, yes. Its called a professional opinion. I were to mention a species, which can then be related to specific project of a client. Yes, I could be sued and lose my job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    I find it really weird that you're so adamant about not divulging your situation. Until then I shall assume you mop decks on a navy ship and are friends with the channel 7 weather guy. All this thread has done is educate me further in the belief of climate change and global warming and its repercussions. As I think it has most who have followed along. Maybe that was your goal this whole time! To pretend you lack common sense in order to educate that masses! Bravo! Let's call it a night, mission accomplished!
    There is nothing wrong with mopping decks.
    I agree with the calling it a night thing. It was good to have you return from your premature departure. It's been a pleasure.
    Goodnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There is nothing wrong with mopping decks.
    I agree with the calling it a night thing. It was good to have you return from your premature departure. It's been a pleasure.
    Goodnight.
    Never said there was something wrong with it, just said I'll assume that's what you do for a living.