+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnor View Post
    That's what I meant focus on the things she can do, rather than what she can't

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub
    Sorry maybe I'm reading it the wrong way but I take this as trying to minimise her feelings about the planet and the state it's in. We do everything we can. The message these kids get though does stress them. When I was a kid I didn't have a care about any of this. Do you have school age children who worry about the environment, the earth, and global warming? I want her to worry about when her teeth will fall out, whether the tooth fairy will come, and stuff like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    When was that written? I am referring to the last decade or so. Haven't they gone up in recent years?
    That link didn't really have any info on it. No population numbers.
    Do your own research then.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (07-04-2013),Clementine Grace  (06-04-2013),Kirst33  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Mine too. DD1 is 7.5 and is obsessed with animals and the environment (like so many kids her age). Her understanding of the link between man and animals becoming extinct is wonderful but at the same time saddens me. When I was her age I was blissfully unaware of these things. She genuinely worries about the world and the damage she personally might be doing to it.

I really feel for kids these days. They really do carry a burden.
    I was exactly the same as a child, it can def be a burden but that drive and passion for it might lead her to a fulfilling career when she's older trying to make a difference. Sometimes you carry that flame from very young and studying/working in that field gives you a tiny feeling that you are trying to change the course of things like extinction. She sounds like a very switched on kid

I agree though, it is harder for these kids today with so many things to worry about.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    Sonja--- the polar bears break my heart!!!
    Polars are now mating with grizzly bears creating grolar and pizzly bears which are more aggressive and suited to warmer climates than polars and are viable offspring. Yah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry maybe I'm reading it the wrong way but I take this as trying to minimise her feelings about the planet and the state it's in. We do everything we can. The message these kids get though does stress them. When I was a kid I didn't have a care about any of this. Do you have school age children who worry about the environment, the earth, and global warming? I want her to worry about when her teeth will fall out, whether the tooth fairy will come, and stuff like that.
    I was the same as a kid. Maybe she could write some letters about things she's particularly worried about, or when she's old enough get her involved in an enviro group that has tree planting or restoring habitat, or cleaning rubbish. Might make her feel a bit like she's doing something to help and ease her worries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Polars are now mating with grizzly bears creating grolar and pizzly bears which are more aggressive and suited to warmer climates than polars and are viable offspring. Yah
    I'd rather just have the too separate. I'm not looking for a bear version of a labordoodle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I was the same as a kid. Maybe she could write some letters about things she's particularly worried about, or when she's old enough get her involved in an enviro group that has tree planting or restoring habitat, or cleaning rubbish. Might make her feel a bit like she's doing something to help and ease her worries.
    I was exactly the same. I used to write letters to the WWF. I don't think it's a bad thing. She has empathy and wants to make a change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do your own research then.
    Ok. According to PBSG the current numbers are estimated to be 20000-25000.
    This is the same population as it was in 2005. So it sounds like they are steady. Although some areas are increasing (like Hudson Bay) and some decreasing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Ok. According to PBSG the current numbers are estimated to be 20000-25000.
    This is the same population as it was in 2005. So it sounds like they are steady. Although some areas are increasing (like Hudson Bay) and some decreasing.
    Dr google?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Dr google?
    Yep. As I mentioned before, I don't study endangered species.
    Which species had you seen the effect of climate change on?