+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    You are disagreeing with 95% of scientists in this field.
    95% of scientists? I asked about this before. Where did this figure come from? It was an interesting survey. Let me know if you would like a link.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Was NOAA right when they said they were 95% certain that the no warming trend would not last 15 years?
    I notice you never disagree with NASA though.
    Last edited by Kirst33; 06-04-2013 at 21:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    95% of scientists? I asked about this before. Where did this figure come from? It was an interesting survey. Let me know if you would like a link.
    Cherry picking again!?

http://www.skepticalscience.com/glob...termediate.htm
    Last edited by Atropos; 06-04-2013 at 21:14.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I do not see the relevance. Tim Flannery is the climate commissioner. He is a paleontologist. Al Gore is a politician.
    What gives me confidence? - Research.
    Tim Flannery is not just a palentologist. He is also a mammologist with a BA in English, Master of Science in Earth Science and doctorate in Palaentology for his work on the evolution of macropods.

He has authored or collaborated 18 books on environmentalism, mammology and evolution. He also has an impressive list of professional awards and is internationally recognised as a leading expert in his fields of expertise. Somehow I don't get the impression that he's perpetuating some myth to keep his job, my gut feel is that he is a pretty employable sort of chap.

Please remind us what your credentials are...

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (06-04-2013),Kirst33  (06-04-2013),misskittyfantastico  (06-04-2013)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just reading more about renewable energy and the carbon tax etc, and have to admit - I'd never heard of the Mandatory Renewable Energy Target which Howard introduced in 2001. This is what the Carbon tax replaced. Amusingly, the MRET was working without taxing businesses. Subsequently there was no need to increase government compensation to people as there was no increase in costs associated with it that I can see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    http://www.skepticalscience.com/glob...-consensus.htm

That's my last one.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A bit off track, but I did laugh at the link brv posted re: the flat earth society. I surely thought it was a joke - I mean we have pics from space showing the earth to be heliospherical. But amazingly that's explained by conspiracy theories.

There's hours of fun reading to be found on so many topics on the internet, but weeding out what is factual, what is science, and what sounds like it's researched science, but isn't really is the key issue in helping us educate ourselves this way.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Not at all. Thanks for another skepticalscience link. Do you guys have shares or something?

Of scientists who were non-climatologists and didn't publish research, 77% answered yes. In contrast, 97.5% of climatologists who actively publish research on climate change responded yes.
    So only 77% of scientist said yes. Do you know how many climatologists answered yes? 75.

Meanwhile. The Petition Project mentioned at the same link talks about 31,000 who disagree. Are all of these people wrong?

The argument by consensus is flawed anyway.
    It only takes one scientist to prove all the others wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't need to look at temperature data to see global warming is real. I am a botanist, I can see the impact in the conditions of our forests. Global warming is very real.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Tim Flannery is not just a palentologist. He is also a mammologist with a BA in English, Master of Science in Earth Science and doctorate in Palaentology for his work on the evolution of macropods.

He has authored or collaborated 18 books on environmentalism, mammology and evolution. He also has an impressive list of professional awards and is internationally recognised as a leading expert in his fields of expertise.
    So he is not climate scientist then?